Who can apply: EU nationals
Closing date for applications: Monday, 6 November 2017
You will be part of the Construction Project Management Section in the Premises Division, which plans and manages construction, engineering, fit-out, change and refurbishment projects through all phases of development and implementation at the ECB. The Section provides high-quality project management services for all aspects of the ECB’s physical environment, ranging from office space and external landscaping projects to highly technical data centre installations and conference facilities.
We are seeking project managers/electro technical engineers to fill the position of Engineer.
In this challenging role you will focus on the ECB’s data centres from an electrical perspective and will play a major role in the improvement of our data centres.
To further enhance the diversity of our team, we particularly encourage applications from [female] candidates.
In this role you will:
- Manage construction and other projects;
- Implement changes and adaptations to electrical supply systems and data cabling of running data centres in cooperation with the IT department;
- Manage and supervise external parties involved in the construction process (engineers, special planners, certified experts, project management companies and all relevant contractors) and in the operation and maintenance of the electrical technical in data centres;
- Manage and supervise the cost controlling and budget consumption of your projects;
- Coordinate and integrate the requirements of the ECB’s business units in your field of responsibility;
- Support the procurement team in the preparation and execution of project and task-related procurements;
- Contribute to, and coordinate the timely delivery of contributions to, regular project reporting and ad hoc reports on issues arising both internally and externally;
- Maintain contact with counterparts at technical facility management companies that operate the ECB’s data centres;
- Provide expert engineering support in the event of problems;
- Develop and adapt strategies to maintain the ECB’s buildings;
- Support the Head of the Section in the implementation of strategic decisions in your field of responsibility;
- Enhance the ECB’s technical and building documentation guidelines and its technical identification system based on DIN standard No 6779;
- Support the Division in maintaining the as-built documentation in an IT-based technical documentation management system.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- A master’s degree in electrical engineering or a related field, or a bachelor’s degree combined with four years’ relevant professional experience, or a vocational training qualification combined with eight years’ experience working in a leading position on improvement and renovation projects for technical infrastructure;
- In addition, at least three years’ relevant professional experience in data centre projects, working for example on changing/adapting electrical supply systems and data cabling of data centres in operation;
- Sound knowledge of the relevant building laws, regulations and technical standards;
- An advanced command of English and German, i.e. a C1 command (under the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) of one of these two languages, and at least a B1 command of the other language.
- Experience in dealing with the technical aspects and relevant details of high-availability technical infrastructure that includes the provision of back-up systems for IT centres;
- Experience in producing high-level documentation, handbooks and reports.You engage collaboratively with others. You pursue team goals and learn willingly from other people’s diverse perspectives. You signal any need for change by explaining it and proposing alternative solutions. You analyse complex information effectively and can evaluate different views to arrive at solutions. You know and anticipate stakeholder needs.