Application closing date: 7 May 2018
Purpose of the Post
Under the overall supervision of the Director of the Administrative Division, the incumbent will lead a programme to transform structures and processes at IMO. The incumbent will manage assignments through the entire project lifecycle working closely with business owner’s teams and the Steering Committee of the project.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Drawing from strong experience and background in reviewing business structures and workflows in organizations to include United Nations Organizations, the incumbent will work with a diverse team to manage projects from concept to implementation and keep organization-wide stakeholders informed at all stages. The incumbent will get into the details of complex analyses without losing sight of the overall objective. When working on multiple streams at once, intuitively know which issues to highlight and can bring key decision makers together to come up with effective solutions. Once a project is completed, the incumbent must clearly communicate the results and draw the key learnings for senior management. You are efficient and organised, making the most of everyone’s abilities and holding the team to a high standard.
You will work closely with business teams across the business delivery areas of the International Maritime Organization, leveraging your knowledge of organizational design, business processes and systems, to develop systems solutions that meet business requirements.
- Lead, manage and collaborate with business owner team to document workflows, identify gaps, propose improvements and drive consensus to achieve agreed set of requirements. Create business cases and business requirements documents, and develop test plans.
- Structure projects with stakeholders, define project goals and risks to execution, drive projects through the entire project lifecycle, including clearly communicating status, risks and remediation plans to executive stakeholders.
- Establish and lead group meetings. Create regular project statuses and executive reporting. Track accomplishments, milestones, key issues and/or change controls.
- Define and monitor key metrics in order to measure business impact of process improvements.
- Work with business owners to deliver change management to ensure new processes/technology can be deployed effectively during implementation phase.
Minimum of 12 years of relevant and seasoned professional experience, including 3 years in a senior management position, in the United Nations or Government service.
- Advanced university degree in Management, Information Technology, Business Studies or other relevant subjects. Masters in Business Administration (MBA) is preferred.
- Professional project management qualifications.
- Advanced level of proficiency in English, both written and oral, is essential.
- Proficiency in another official language(s) of the UN will be desirable.
- Ability to clearly and articulately present concepts and strategies on a broad range of initiatives.
- Experience in a Business Analyst function (documenting business requirements and processes).
- Demonstrated experience in end-to-end project management, managing cross-functional initiatives and process/change management.
- Understanding of systems such as SAP and United Nations administrative business processes is an advantage