Project Senior Advisor
- Work closely with the Project Manager and team to develop relationships with key institutions and decision makers in the Honduran government entities, development banks, and other relevant stakeholders;
- Establish solid working relationship with the project board, client and key stakeholders such as CABEI and the Green Climate Fund;
- Advise the client on issues that may impact the achievement of their outcomes (including issues of sustainability and post project requirements such as financial oversight and portfolio management processes).
- Lead the development of the financial, commercial and overall portfolio procedures and policies, working with the other experts and leadership of the PPP & Infrastructure Finance Advisory Services team.
- Deal with the Central American Bank for Economic Integration and other financial institutions to ensure alignment of the services to be provided.
- Address risk and compliance matters regarding project or portfolio financing and management (Project Preparation Facility or Asset Management Funds); .
- A Senior Advisor at this level would be expected to provide expert advice on strategic decisions on complex issues and at times, also guide on actual writing or reports and analysis by finance specialists, being flexible and working with all the team to ensure delivery of quality results for our partners and customers.
- Work with the team of expert advisors on legal, financial and tax areas on regulation, rules, procedures, risk assessments, regulation and other legal aspects involved in PPP/ Fund management;
- Work closely with technical experts to ensure the smooth integration of all documentation and impact across the legal and financial documentation;
- Lead or support the negotiation of shareholder agreements, and any terms and conditions for the implementation of the legal agreements of the Fund.
- Work with UNOPS own and external auditors in securing compliance and proper risk management.
- A third level education degree (master’s degree or equivalent) is required. Preferably in the fields of Finance, Economics, Business Administration (MBA), or other relevant field.
- A second level education degree (bachelor’s degree or equivalent in finance, economic, Business Administration (MBA), or other relevant fields plus additional years of experience on top of minimum years required may be accepted in lieu of the Master´s degree;
- Formal certifications in accounting (CPA) financial modelling applied to Infrastructure, project finance, portfolio management or accounting is an advantage.
- A minimum of ten years (or more depending on academic credentials) of relevant experience in the field or infrastructure private debt
The candidate must also have some experience in:
- Leading deals in asset management,
- Leading teams of mergers and acquisitions in infrastructure assets.
- Investing in infrastructure in emerging markets, ideally in a diversified portfolio in different sectors of infrastructure (energy, transport, etc.).
- Creating or managing infrastructure asset management facilities, with particular experience in debt in Latin America.
- Working with multilaterals and pension funds.
- Fluency in English and Spanish is required
- Fluency in other languages is an asset.