Speak to CTBTO about this role at Global Careers for Women 2018
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Chief to:
- Identify, plan, prepare, write and produce a variety of media outreach and public information materials for distribution to target audiences including news and feature articles, brochures, displays, presentations, video and audio and social media products with the objective of promoting greater public understanding and support for the Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty, its verification regime and the work of the CTBTO Preparatory Commission among States, civil society, the media and the general public;
- Proactively promote the branding of the Organization; ensure that responses to direct or indirect requests for information about the work of the Organization are replied to promptly and correctly and that such replies promote better understanding of the Organization’s objectives and activities; ensure accuracy, objectivity and impartiality of the responses and the outreach activities and products;
- Maintain effective working relationships and communication channels with national and international media by promoting and placing media and public information products and arranging for interviews, reports and articles in relevant media; effectively liaising with other areas of the Secretariat and the wider United Nations in this regard;
- Contribute to the strategic and creative thinking in regards to media outreach and public information activities in the Secretariat; keep abreast of developments in the field.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Advanced university degree in journalism, public or international relations or a related field; A first-level degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advance degree
- At least seven years relevant working experience in the field of public information or public relations including at least three years in an international environment;
- Fluency in English and a good knowledge of at least one other of the official languages of the CTBTO Preparatory Commission. Excellent written and oral communication skills in English essential. Working knowledge of German an asset.
PLEASE NOTE: These vacancies are not open vacancies, but examples of profiles recruiters will be looking for at the Global Careers for Women event | 1st March.