The RTI Global Health Division is currently accepting applications for a Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) for an anticipated USAID-funded support activity in Philippines, which will contribute to improve the Health of Underserved Filipinos. This position will be a full-time, key personnel role based in Manila, Philippines.
The Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) should be a local Filipino hire who directly assists the COP in program implementation and management of the Family Planning (FP) and Maternal and Neonatal Health (MNH) Innovation and Capacity Building Project. The DCOP should have complementary technical skills and experience to the COP. The position reports directly to the COP and assumes leadership and oversight of the activity in the absence of the COP. The proposed candidate is the technical lead and has the primary responsibility of continually improving the implementation quality of activity and interventions. S/he ensures that the activity adheres to national and internationally accepted technical norms and standards and that best practices and approaches are well-documented and highlighted throughout the activity implementation period.
- A Master’s degree in public health, international development or related degree and at least 12 years’ experience designing and implementing public health programs in resource-limited settings OR a bachelor’s degree with 16 years of relative professional experience
- Must have Medical degree, MPH preferred
- Minimum of 5 years working with USAID funded programs.
- Demonstrated knowledge and technical working experience in health systems strengthening, improving quality of service delivery, community health, and/or health promotion, focused on improving maternal and child health malaria outcomes, and family planning. Experience in implementation of malaria programs is desirable
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task, team player
- Resourceful, creative and innovative attitude.
- Demonstrated experience effectively working with senior and local government officials and the private sector in the Philippines.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel.
- Diplomacy, assertiveness, and being a great communicator are essential skills for this position.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English required, including evidence of quality report writing and presentations.
- Proven effective and efficient management, coaching skills, including relevant experience in direct supervision of professional staff.
- Full professional proficiency in English and local Filipino language.
Position is contingent upon successful award of the project.