Application closing date: 9 September 2018
1. THE ORGANISATION
The European University Institute (EUI) is an academic institution set up in 1972 by the then Member States of the European Union, providing doctoral training in Law, Economics, History and Civilisation and Political and Social Sciences with special reference to Europe. In addition to the departments, the Institute includes the Robert Schuman Centre for Advanced Studies (RSCAS), which focuses on inter-disciplinary, comparative and policy research, the Max Weber Programme for Post-doctoral Studies, which prepares fellows for a career in academia, and the School of Transnational Governance, which sets out to study, debate and teach matters pertaining to governance beyond the State. The Institute also hosts the Historical Archives of the European Union. The EUI is not an EU Institution or body, but an inter-governmental organization, funded directly by the signatory states, partly by the European Commission and to some extent through external funding. The EUI provides a multinational work environment in an intellectually stimulating atmosphere.
The mission of the Information and Communication Technology Service (ICT Service) is to provide Information Technology (IT) resources for the work and activities of the EUI. It is committed to delivering quality customer service and technical solutions in the academic and administrative environment of the EUI community.
2. DESCRIPTION OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Within the ICT Service, the Administrative Systems Group (ASG) is responsible for the management and implementation/development of corporate IT systems in the fields of research, researcher administration, finance, HR and facilities.
In 2014 SAP FM/FICO was implemented within the EUI as the Financial Information System, including customisations which enable accrual-based accounting (ABAC). The system is supporting the current financial business processes properly and adequately.
The ASG is now looking for an IT specialist with extensive knowledge of financial administrative processes in general, and of SAP FM/FICO specifically, to (1) advise and implement improvements (best practices) in financial administrative and e-Commerce processes; (2) optimise the abilities of the system; and (3) professionalise the information officers and system users.
Reporting to the Director of the Information and Communication Technology Service, the successful candidate will carry out tasks related to the evolution of the Financial Information System, building and maintaining financial-related applications, and to the integration of SAP with internal and external systems.
More specific duties include:
- Collaborating closely with the current SAP information officer on daily activities;
- Assessing the EUI-specific accounting features and coordinating/co-developing SAP parametrisation solutions;
- Proposing, agreeing and implementing additional system functionalities and integration in order to improve the support of financial administrative processes;
- Proposing, obtaining agreement and implementing improvements in financial processes;
- Designing and developing EUI-specific accounting reports;
- Proposing and discussing future customisations with internal/external stakeholders;
- Professionalising the knowledge and abilities of the information officers and system users through workshops and training (either formal or on the job), maintaining/updating user documentation;
- Revising existing reports with key stakeholders (management level) and implementing new ones based on (latent) needs.
3. ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
On the closing date for online applications, candidates must fulfil all the following general and specific conditions:
3.1 General conditions
- Being a national of a Member State of the European Union;
- Enjoying full rights as a citizen attested by a recent extract from judicial records and/or certificate of good conduct proving no previous conviction for a criminal or administrative offence that could call into question his/her suitability for performing the duties of the post;
- Having fulfilled any obligations imposed by the laws on military service;
- Being physically fit to perform the duties.
3.2 Specific conditions
3.2.1 Education (Qualifications)
A level of education which corresponds to completed university studies of at least three years attested by a diploma.
3.2.2. Professional experience
By the deadline for applications, and in addition to the qualifications required above, candidates must have at least four years of relevant professional experience gained after obtaining the diploma required under 3.2.1.
3.2.3 Knowledge of Languages
- Main language: have a thorough knowledge of one official language of the European Union; and
- Second language: a satisfactory knowledge of another official language of the European Union to the extent necessary for the performance of the duties.
4. SELECTION CRITERIA
- At least four years of relevant professional experience;
- Extensive knowledge of SAP FM/FICO, attested by relevant certificates;
- Extensive knowledge of financial administrative processes;
- Excellent knowledge of English, both spoken and written (CEFR level: C1 or above);
- Strong communication skills as evidenced by previous work experience.
- Experience with accrual accounting/EC’s ABAC customisations;
- Experience with e-Commerce processes;
- Experience with financial business intelligence solutions/Power BI;
- Work experience in an international public institution.