- Location: Cabo Verde and Mongolia.
- The Political Economist will work as a member of a project team comprised of both other economists and technical specialists to support the performance of economic analyses and performance evaluations for various donor-funded road projects.
- The economic analyses are being performed to analyze whether proposed donor-funded programs are consistent with international evidence on drivers of economic growth
- The project team will apply the HDM-4 or RED model to economic analyses, as determined by the characteristics of the road investment.
- The Political Economist will provide input to analyses from a political economic perspective, relative to specific developing country environments. This may include countries’ elections, countries’ law and economics, countries’ political behavior and public opinion, and countries’ regulation
- The Political Economist will assist in determining the possibilities of political viability and reasonably expected levels of ongoing maintenance/repair funding for the evaluated roads, and help determine how such ongoing roadway infrastructure support would be structured and applied.
- Amount of Travel: Short-term travel to countries where project work will be performed.
- Minimum Master’s degree in a field relevant to Political Economy.
- Minimum 10-19 years of relevant experience in Political Economy.
- Experience working as economist in various developing country environments on development-funded projects.
- Experience in some or all of the following aspects of political economy in a developing country environment: elections, law and economics, political behavior and public opinion, regulation.
- On-site work experience/knowledge of working in the following regions: Wset/Sub-Saharan Africa, East Asia, Latin America/Central America, Southeast Asia, Eastern Europe.
- Experience with government-sponsored/supported infrastructure development programs.
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.