Senior Project Officers shall, under the overall responsibility of the Head of Project Management Unit of CEPOL and in cooperation with relevant CEPOL staff members, support, develop, implement and coordinate training activities for relevant law enforcement audiences as defined in art 2 (1) of Regulation (EU) 2015/2219 (the CEPOL Regulation) in the framework of CEPOL’s international cooperation portfolio with countries and jurisdictions outside of the European Union. Towards that end, they shall be engaged across all steps of the project management cycle (including inception, implementation, monitoring, reporting and evaluation) and implement capacity building activities with selected countries in the geographical areas concerned. This may include the supervision of assigned project resources.
- Support, develop, implement and coordinate training activities for relevant law enforcement audiences as defined in art 2 (1) of Regulation (EU) 2015/2219 (the CEPOL Regulation);
- Coordinate and ensure the supervision of the work of assigned staff;
- Be responsible for all the stages of EU project cycle management, including drafting and monitoring work plans, procurement procedures and budgets in line with financial regulations and administrative instruments, as well as reporting tasks;
- Ensure adequate outreach, communication, PR and project visibility, as well as coordination with other donor-funded initiatives;
- Monitor relevant EU policies in the area of justice and home affairs and its external aspects, with a view to translate them into viable training initiatives;
- Willingness to travel (by plane) frequently abroad to fulfil missions;
In addition, in order to be eligible the candidate must:
- Be a national of a Member State of the Union;
- Be entitled to his or her full rights as a citizen;
- Have fulfilled any obligations imposed by the applicable laws on military service;
- Meet the character requirements for the duties involved;
- Be physically fit to perform the duties linked to the post; and
- Have a thorough knowledge of one of the languages of the Union and a satisfactory knowledge of another language of the Union.
Completed university studies of at least three years attested by a diploma and appropriate professional experience of at least one year
Professional training in the field of law enforcement and after having completed the training, at least the number of years of relevant professional experience indicated below:
Duration of professional training Professional experience
More than 6 months and up to 1 year 4 years
More than 1 year and up to 2 years 3 years
More than 2 years and up to 3 years 2 years
More than 3 years 1 year
In addition to the above at least 6 years of relevant and proven professional experience gained after obtaining the diploma or after completed the professional training with the experience linked to the training.