Senior Treasury Assistant – OSCE – Kyiv, Ukraine
Tasks and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the National Treasury Officer and overall guidance of the Head, Finance and Budget, the incumbent assists in administration of Treasury Office as a part of Finance and Budget Unit, implements and follows up with the basic OSCE rules and regulations described in OSCE Common Regulatory Management System (Financial Regulations, Financial Rules, Financial Administrative Instructions, Staff Regulations and Rules, etc.) More specifically, the incumbent will be tasked with:
- Reviews payment vouchers/payment orders for completeness of information, including bank account details of the payments entered in the electronic banking system by other Treasury staff; and processes the payments.
- Cash custodian for daily cash payments.
- Reconciles cash, credit cards and bank accounts held in Mission, researches outstanding items, and makes queries for any recoveries with the Finance and Budget Unit, other departments and with banks.
- Monitors and controls the Mission’s bank accounts in electronic banking system on daily basis.
- Assists in payroll payments process: verifies payroll lists for Fields Offices, follows up with the other units and sections on subject of deployment/redeployment of Mission Members.
- Analyses data on currency disbursements and assists in preparation of daily, weekly and monthly cash forecasts.
- Monitors local currency markets and exchange rates, as well the local legislation with regard to cash/bank payments and informs the supervisor on any significant deteriorations.
- Monitors bank charges assessed on all Mission’s bank accounts for correctness, makes recommendations to the National Treasury Officer for improving payment methods to minimize bank fees and ensures that all banking agreements are up to date.
- Follows up with the retro and outstanding payments in ORACLE and informs the supervisor if any available.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- The candidates should have the following minimum qualifications:
- Ukrainian citizenship or holding permanent resident status in Ukraine;
- Completed secondary education and formal training in the area of accounting, finance and computerized financial systems;
- Minimum of six years relevant working experience in the field of finance, Computer literate with practical experience with Microsoft applications and with ERP systems and electronic banking;
- Professional fluency in English, Ukrainian and Russian languages, both oral and written;
- Knowledge in working with computers, including ERP systems (ORACLE, SAP), Access, word processing, and spreadsheet applications;
- Ability to adjust to a broad range of new tasks in a complex administrational environment in a short timeframe;
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to work as a member of a team, with people of different cultural and religious backgrounds, different gender, and diverse political views, while maintaining impartiality and objectivity;
- Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, as well as the ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities;
- Cultural sensitivity and judgment.
Closing date for applications 25 December 2019 before midnight.
In your application please specify that you found out about this opportunity on GCFjobs.com
Veuillez indiquer dans votre candidature que vous avez consulté cette offre sur le site web GCFjobs.com