Speak to CTBTO about this role at Global Careers for Women 2018
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Head, Training Unit, Capacity Building and Training Section, International Data Centre Division, (IDC), to:
- Provide technical assistance to authorized users of States Signatories, enlist assistance from other areas of the IDC as necessary and maintain contact with the requestor;
- Maintain the database of incoming requests and responses to requests, and report on the technical assistance provided;
- Cooperate with authorized users regarding distribution and quality of data messages, and the results of data processing (IDC products);
- Support special event analysis when required;
- Generate regular reports on the performance of the IDC regarding the four CTBT- monitoring technologies (seismic, infrasound, hydroacoustic and radionuclide) and develop new scripts, as necessary;
- Support testing and installation of a standard software package for National Data Centres;
- Present the technical aspects of the IDC to visitors and participants at training courses and conduct IDC tours;
- Perform other duties as assigned, which may include periods on-call or working on weekends and holiday.
- University degree in geophysical or nuclear sciences or a related field and training in the field of computer technology; A first-level degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advance degree;
- At least five years relevant working experience with relational databases and SQL, preferably with a good knowledge of UNIX operating systems; experience with Perl programming language desirable; knowledge of analysis in one of the CTBT-monitoring technologies an advantage;
- Excellent command of written and spoken English is required. Knowledge of other languages is desirable.
PLEASE NOTE: These vacancies are not open vacancies, but examples of profiles recruiters will be looking for at the Global Careers for Women event | 1st March.