The Middle East Regional Office was created in January 2014 as part of NRC’s reorganization process. We currently have more than 2,000 staff in the Middle East assisting people displaced by conflict in Syria, Iraq, Lebanon, Turkey, Jordan and Palestine, working in the shelter, education, food security, legal assistance and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors with strong protection and resilience focus integrated into our programs. As an integral part of the overall mandate of NRC we rely heavily on strong and supportive administrative teams to ensure our programmes run smoothly, on time and on budget. Essential to this function is our Support Manager/Head of Support role, who leads and motivates teams of skilled support staff.
Our Ideal Candidate:
In this dynamic and challenging post, we are looking for seasoned senior managers with experience providing support to large, complex and rapidly expanding programmes. Significant experience working in stressful environments and knowledge of the Middle East context is essential. The Support Manager/Head of Support function will ensure the day-to-day success and coordination of administrative operations related to HR, finance and logistics. S/He will work with the Area Manager/Country Director to ensure that the programs adapt to changing circumstances, recognizing and resolving existing issues and overcoming obstacles to program success.
Many of these positions are ideally suited for someone who has successfully navigated the intricacies and unique circumstances associated with implementing programs in conflict-affected countries. In this position you can join highly motivated and expert staff who are making a difference to the region’s most vulnerable people. In addition to strong technical abilities, we are looking for a calm, positive, individual with strong communication skills, who can foster trust and collaboration within NRC and with our partners and donors.
Job Tasks and Responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement effective, efficient and transparent HR, administration, finance and logistics systems that support the delivery of the Country Strategic Plan and individual projects;
- Design systems that are appropriate to the scale and coverage of NRC’s programmes;
- Build the skills and strategic vision of the support function managers to think creatively and to develop innovative, cost and time effective systems to support programme delivery;
- Develop emergency response capacity in support teams to facilitate an effective response to rapid influx, disaster or other displacement;
- Represent NRC with donors, other NGOs and national and local authorities as appropriate.
Contract Period: Short term/12 month and 24 month assignments Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale
Please take note:
NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and to check that they have not been involved in illegal activities. NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
These posts are often located in non-family duty stations.
Please quote reference: ‘Support Manager’ and attach a current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org