Why Greenheart Travel?
Greenheart Travel has been working in Thailand for many years, and there are advantages of applying for this program through us:
- Friendly, responsive, and professional support from program managers who have taught abroad as well as visited the program in Thailand and attended orientation
- We try and make our program fees as inclusive as we can. We include things like insurance for 4 months and accommodation for the entire TESOL course in Hua Hin or Chiang Mai, so you don’t run into any hidden fees down the line.
- Our application is completely online (no printing and scanning!) and we pay for your background check and run it for you if you’re American.
- Connect with alumni and others on the program, before you even leave!
- Hands on support and personal attention every step of the way
- Pre-departure cultural and logistical training and orientation
- “Travel For A Change” T-shirt and Thailand Culture Smart! Guide Book
- Greenheart Travel Alumni Program
- Discounts for future Greenheart Travel programs
- We are a non-profit, mission based organization
- Continued support throughout your contract
We will keep you on track to make sure you have the best possible chance of getting a position in Thailand! Once you’ve been accepted, we provide extensive pre-departure support to make sure you’re prepared for your new role as a teacher in a new country.
Teach English in Thailand and be immediately captivated by all that the “Land of Smiles” has to offer while working abroad.Teach English in Thailand and be immediately captivated by all that the “Land of Smiles” has to offer while working abroad.
Greenheart Travel’s paid English teaching program in Thailand is your chance to make an impact in the classroom while also having the travel adventure of a lifetime. Whether it’s the delicious street food, gorgeous beaches, vibrant cities, or the welcoming people that initially draw you here, you’ll immediately be captivated by all that Thailand has to offer while teaching abroad.
Learning a second language in countries like Thailand, where tourism is a major part of the economy and where the country is developing quickly, can be a ticket to a better life. As a teacher in Thailand, you will be directly affecting your students and their futures, helping to break the cycle of poverty that many Thai children are born into.
- Native English Speaker
- At a minimum, a degree equivalent to a U.S. 4 year bachelor’s degree
- A TEFL/TESOL certification is required unless you majored in Education (but you can add this on as part of your program!)
- Ages 20-50
- Citizen of the US, CA, UK, Ireland, Au, NZ, South Africa
- Be in great mental and physical health
- No criminal record (with the exception of traffic or other minor violations)
- An adventurous attitude and strong flexibility are a must
Please note, all prices are listed in USD
Teaching Placement Only: $1,570
Teaching Placement + TESOL course: $2,370
It is free to extend your program for additional semesters!
In order to apply you will need to submit a $300 deposit which works towards your total program fee. After acceptance you will also be asked to submit a $300 commitment deposit to secure your spot on your chosen start date, and this also works towards your total program fee. The rest of your balance is due after acceptance, 6 weeks before departure.
- Full time, paid teaching placement in Thailand with a guaranteed salary of at least 30,000 THB per month
- If you are accepted to the program, our placement success rate upon arrival in Thailand is 100%
- One week comprehensive orientation upon arrival, including all excursions
- Accommodation during orientation
- TESOL Course Option: hotel accommodation is included for the entire month of your course as well
- Pre-departure support and orientation from an experienced Greenheart Travel Program Manager
- Airport pickup
- Transfer from Bangkok to Hua Hin for Hua Hin Participants (Chiang Mai participants will fly directly to Chiang Mai)
- Full screening/background check on school and contract negotiation
- 24 hour in-country support for duration of the program
- Extra international medical and accident insurance coverage provided through Greenheart Travel for the first semester (4 months)
- “Culture Smart” Thailand Customs & Culture Guidebook
- Greenheart Travel T-Shirt
*Program does not include: your airfare to Bangkok, visa fees, meals, visa renewal trips, daily local transportation, or rent during your teaching contract
Assistance in finding accommodation is included in the program.
Your school will help you find an apartment and usually has it waiting for you when you arrive. Most of the time, the apartment will be presented to you as part of your job offer, before you accept it. Most often, teachers live in basic, single, furnished apartments near the school. While paying rent is up to you (from your paycheck) your school or agent will help you find an apartment, so you won’t be alone in the endeavor. Rent is very cheap in Thailand and usually ranges between USD $75 and $150 per month.
We don’t “provide” accommodation by paying your rent in your program fee, because it’s so cheap! Most programs that include this, take much more than $100 out of your salary to compensate for paying your rent.
Utility bills range between 1,000-2,000 baht ($30-65) per month. No teacher will be required to share a room, but some teachers may be located in the same complex. However, this will depend on the placement.
All participants will participate in a week long orientation upon arrival, whether you are taking the TESOL course or not. All participants who are already certified or majored in Education, will have their orientation in Hua Hin, while those taking the TESOL course will have their orientation in their chosen TESOL course location, either Hua Hin or Chiang Mai.
You’ll have the opportunity to meet many other new like-minded and adventurous teachers who have also just arrived! By the end, you’ll have new friends scattered around the entire country. Orientation includes important activities and classes on what to expect on your program, Thai language and local culture. Accommodation is included for the duration of orientation, as well as for the duration of the course for those staying an additional 3 weeks for certification. Meals are not included, but there are many inexpensive, cheap options in the area.
Required Documents To Apply:
- Application (done online)
- Copy of Passport
- Criminal Record Check
- Greenheart Travel pays for this for US Citizens as part of the online application
- Copy of your University Degree or Transcript
- If you are a current university student graduating in the future, you can upload current unofficial transcripts
Completing Your Application
Our spaces for this program are limited. Applicants will be screened and accepted on a rolling basis. We recommend submitting your application and documents as early as possible to secure a position.
The sooner you submit your application and deposit, the sooner we can start reviewing your application, set up your interview, and hear about your acceptance. With your application and deposit out of the way, you can start planning your upcoming adventure!