Recruiters representing MSF will be available at our next event. Register here
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) / أطباء بلا حدود is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid to people in 70 countries who are affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation and our actions are guided by medical ethics and the principles of neutrality and impartiality.
We offer basic healthcare, perform surgery, fight epidemics, rehabilitate and run hospitals and clinics, carry out vaccination campaigns, operate nutrition centres, and provide mental healthcare. Our activities include the treatment of injuries and disease, maternal care and the provision of humanitarian aid. Where necessary, we set up sanitation systems, supply safe drinking water, and distribute relief to assist survival.
Working overseas with (MSF) means that you will go to work in projects in any of the countries where MSF works. Each project you go to will require a certain period of commitment (6 to 12 months). It also means that you will need the flexibility to adjust to unfamiliar food, living quarters, pace of life, and languages. Projects may be located in the most remote places in the world, often in harsh environments with limited resources and amenities.
Regardless of where you go, it might be a very different lifestyle. Working in an unfamiliar culture inevitably involves challenges in communication and perceptions. Being aware that people may not act or think like you, accepting this, and being able to adapt your own behaviours if required, is of utmost importance when working in the field. A special camaraderie emerges amongst members of a project team who come from different countries, backgrounds and experience. This creates a shared sense of purpose, sparking ingenuity and resourcefulness in getting things done, and a lot of spontaneous fun.
Name: Telecom / ICT Specialist
As a Telecom / ICT specialist you will be asked to define, manage and/or supervise the installation of radio communication, satellite and GSM systems to support the operational activities ensuring compliance of MSF standards, protocols and procedures. You will also be required to make sure that the voice communication is ensured in the project to guarantee the information sharing and the security management.
- Analyze the Telecom and ICT needs of the project, draw up a draft of the Telecom / ICT related budget, and design an adapted strategy aiming to optimize the investment on information and communication technology
- Identify and implement Information management practices to enhance the project system’s effectiveness and reliability (development, checkup, deployment of applications, systems or new ITC standards, etc.)
- Installing, maintaining and monitoring, the Telecom / ICT systems and equipment in the project
- Comparing quality of equipment, software and internet providers/services, in order to optimize buying decisions and to ensure local assistance
- Supervising, planning and providing network security, help desk support and training to users, corrective and preventive maintenance activities (checkup and cleaning, etc.), updating and upgrading activities, security management protocols (back-ups, anti-malware, updates and software patching, firewall protection, radio protection, etc.)
- Ensuring questions and problems related to Telecom / ICT are solved (if appropriate, according to MSF policies and procedures in force at any time). Registering, reporting and referring unsolved questions and problems, as well as unusual requests, to the respective support units in order to actively provide solutions and ensure quality standards
- Planning supervising, leading and training of the staff under your responsibility
- Providing monthly activity report and implementing reporting practices and protocols
- Diploma in telecommunication (technician or engineer)
- Minimum 2 years of work experience.
- Medical ethics,
- Cultural sensitivity,
- Openness and flexibility,
- Ability to live and work as a team,
- Ability to manage stress,
- Availability: MSF requires a minimum of a 2 years commitment.
- Arabic, English and/or French.
What we offer:
- A fixed-term contract
- Monthly pay salary during the mission
- A daily allowance (per diem) during the mission
- Medical coverage
- Payment of all mission-related expenses (transport, accommodation)
- The opportunity to work and quickly take on responsibilities in humanitarian situations and varied medical programs
- Personalized career development, with access to different levels of training, in order to grow within the organization.
Kindly apply through our recruitment page: msf-egypt.org/en/work-abroad