Speak to CTBTO about this role at Global Careers for Women 2018
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Head, IT Infrastructure/GCI (Global Communication Infrastructure) Support Unit, to:
- Support the installation, continuous operation and maintenance of LAN and WAN equipment and other data communications equipment by ensuring the proper configurations of all associated equipment and established procedures for the administration of all associated devices;
- Troubleshoot the course for interruptions or other problems in the network and communications services and, as necessary reconfigure communications equipment or coordinate timely repair or replacement of equipment covered by a third party vendor maintenance agreement;
- Collect and maintain service statistics records, establish and maintain communications equipment inventories and licenses, prepare reports in relation to the disposal of obsolete equipment, take delivery of new equipment and oversee its installation;
- Work with other information technology teams to assess and resolve all LAN/WAN network problems;
- Participate in technical workshops, meetings and discussions, testing of data/voice communications equipment, software and procedures, as required; provide feedback to the Section Chief;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- University degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field; A first-level degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advance degree;
- At least five years working experience in the installation of enterprise LAN/WAN and other telecommunications data networks. Excellent working knowledge of TCP/IP networks, routing protocols and Cisco networking product;
- Excellent command of written and spoken English is required. Knowledge of other languages is desirable.