Temporary Researchers (multiple positions),
USAID Obirodh: Road to Tolerance Program, Dhaka, Bangladesh
Company Profile: MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com ** Project Summary: **
USAID’s Obirodh: Road to Tolerance Program provides support to activities aimed at fostering an inclusive and tolerant Bangladesh. Its main office is in Dhaka.
**Please note: Only Bangladeshi citizens are eligible for this opportunity.
MSI seeks to develop a cadre of temporary researchers upon which MSI can routinely call to provide research support to USAID’s Obirodh: Road to Tolerance Program. Selected candidates will be responsible for performing literature reviews, conducting field research, identifying and scheduling meetings with key informants, identifying relevant stakeholders, and more. All work will be project-based and awarded based on researcher’s expertise and abilities.
Researchers will report directly to the director of research, while working cooperatively with the research specialist and other project staff and partner organizations to contribute to the success of Obirodh. The period of performance for the temporary research services will be one (1) year, and each selected candidate will have up to 180 days of level of effort available. The work will be primarily based in Dhaka with field activities.
- Work independently and ensure the timely delivery of the assigned tasks.
- Lead rigorous field data collection for specific research projects (including leading key expert interviews, focus groups, surveys, or other data collection.
- Analyze the findings and share reports in an organized way.
- Schedule meetings and undertake several meetings a day.
- Present (in English) clear, organized and highly detailed notes from every meeting/discussion or interview.
- Draft findings in a quick and organized fashion.
- Communicate clearly and efficiently with interviewees and various sectors and levels of informants.
- Conduct other relevant tasks, as assigned by the supervisor.
- Master’s degree in social science, sociology, anthropology, international affairs, or equivalent field (or bachelor’s degree with at least 12 to 15 years of experience as a researcher).
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience, including substantial experience leading field research teams, running qualitative research/data collection techniques for donor-funded organizations, INGOs or NGOs/CSOs, developing surveys, and working with a wide variety of key informants primarily on issues relating to violent extremism, tolerance, or related subject areas.
- Experience working on sensitive issues is desired.
- Strong analytical, reporting and writing skills.
- Ability work independently, efficiently, and accurately in a demanding and fast-paced environment.
- Good teamwork and participatory skills.
- Excellent communication skills. Fluent in written and spoken English and Bangla.
- Ability to produce high quality, analytical work under a deadline.
- Immediate availability.
*Along with recent CV, please provide professional references and an exclusively authored short writing sample (no more than three pages).* Short-listed candidates will be asked to attend an interview before a final hiring recommendation is made.**
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.