Operations Associate – Transparency International U.S. Office
The U.S. office of Transparency International seeks an energetic and resourceful Operations Associate to assist with the short- and long-term logistics of the office – assisting in outreach to Members of Congress, Administration officials, allied organizations, media, and other key constituencies; coordinating meetings, and planning public events. The Associate will also work with the Advocacy Director to build office’s social media and web presences, and will be responsible for general office support.
- Helping with office logistics and planning of events, congressional briefings, and press conferences (incl. dealing with venues, catering, audio visual, invites, and other logistics as needed)
- Pushing out reports, statements, press releases, event notices, and other items from the office
- Maintaining and sending information to various listservs
- Recording and producing minutes for meetings
- Assisting with outreach to allies (e.g. sign-on letters, meeting confirmations, events, etc.)
- Assisting the Advocacy Director with building and maintaining the media list and social media presence, including identifying relevant topics and articles for circulation and posting
- Assisting with maintaining and updating of the website: posting blogs, op-eds, speeches, reports, fact sheets, and press releases to site
- Assisting with pitch calls to media for briefings, events, conferences, etc.
- General research and grant-writing support, as needed
- General administrative duties, such as coordinating deliveries, ordering supplies, troubleshooting IT issues, and other general office duties
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- 1+ years of relevant professional experience (work or internship), including experience using social media, blogs, or websites as advocacy tools, and organizing public events
- Experience working on U.S. political campaigns or with issues involving anti-corruption, transparency, or global development a strong advantage
- Strong writing skills; some graphic design skills are a plus
- Strong organizational and logistical skills, and ability to prioritize multiple projects while maintaining attention to detail and meeting deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player who can deliver in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, and demonstrated ability to learn and utilize information technology skills
- Resourcefulness, creativity, and intellectual curiosity
- A willingness to occasionally work irregular hours, if needed
- A strong commitment to Transparency International’s mission
Closing date for applications is Sunday, 8 March 2020.
For more information on how to apply, please click the ‘Apply’ button.