Associate Information Systems Officer (SAP HCM-PY-OM), P2
The scope of work of this position includes the corresponding modules as implemented in the Umoja solution, such as Payroll, Personnel Administration, Time Management, Organizational Management and Benefits as well as the related Employee and Manager Self-Service. This new post will serve to further reinforce the Project’s autonomous capacity in the context of the Project’s work plan for Continuous improvements during 2019 and beyond, with a focus on HCM-related processes.
Within delegated authority, the Associate Information Systems Officer is responsible for the following duties:
1. SYSTEM CONFIGURATION, DESIGN and IMPLEMENTATION of ENHANCEMENTS and MODIFICATION:
– Assists in the design and development of new system functionality in the scope of SAP HCM, PY and OM modules. – Undertakes analysis of user requirements and develop enhancements and new feature for the same. – Supports the enhancement and/or modification of interfaces of the Umoja SAP system with other systems, both external and internal (ICSC, Pension Fund, Inspira, etc.). – Supports the ongoing adjustment to the configuration of HCM, PY and OM modules of the Umoja solution. – Assists in the design, development and testing of data models in SAP HANA that are required to build reports in the scope of SAP HCM, PY and OM Modules. – Assists in the design, development and testing of SAP FIORI applications in respect of the scope of functionality and end-user requirements for SAP HCM, PY and OM Modules. – Undertakes rigorous testing of the new features in SAP HCM, PY and OM modules. – Develops Automated Test cases using standard SAP tools. – Undertakes Integration testing with other SAP modules (such as FI, FM, Treasury, etc.).
2. SYSTEM SUPPORT:
– Provides Tier 3 support for Umoja NPO HCM, PY and OM modules and implementing system changes/upgrades. – Troubleshoots/Debugs SAP code to identify issues and follows up with the software vendor to ensure effective and timely incident resolution. – Participates in preparing detailed user requirements and other functional specifications for SAP HCM, PY and OM, and also updates corresponding Business Design Documents (BDD) accordingly. – Participates in developing and maintaining project plans and schedules and provides Quality Assurance for all project deliverables. – Assists users in Acceptance Testing. – Assists and work closely with the Umoja Security team in creating relevant Authorization Objects, Enterprise Roles, etc.
3. TECHNICAL DOCUMENTATION and USER TRAINING: – Prepares, updates and maintains system’s documentation and related technical/procedural manuals. – Drafts training materials and conducts training sessions and demonstrations of systems for users.
4. Performs other ad-hoc duties as required.
Professionalism: Knowledge of SAP HCM, Payroll and OM solutions. Knowledge of basic systems analysis and design techniques, testing, debugging and documentation standards, database design, storage and internal systems. Knowledge of Database and Data analysis. Shows pride in work and in achievements. Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter. Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns. Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
Planning and organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies. Identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required. Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work. Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning. Monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary. Uses time efficiently.
Technological Awareness: Keeps abreast of available technology; Understands applicability and limitations of technology to the work of the office; Actively seeks to apply technology to appropriate tasks; Shows willingness to learn new technology.
Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in computer science, information systems or related field. A first-level university degree in similar fields in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree. Certification in SAP HCM modules (particularly Payroll and OM) is desirable.
A first-level university degree and no experience will be accepted for candidates who have passed the Young Professionals Programme Examination(YPP)/United Nations National Competitive Recruitment Examination (NCRE) or the General Service to Professional Examination (G to P).
A minimum of two years of progressively responsible experience in the planning, design, development, implementation and maintenance of the enterprise information systems is required.
Experience in system analysis, process and workflow design, programming as well as configuration for HCM, Payroll and OM solutions in an SAP NPO ERP environment is desirable.
Experience in Business Intelligence is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is desirable.
The United Nations Secretariat is committed to achieving 50/50 gender balance in its staff. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
Deadline for applications is 13 October 2019.
For full job description and to apply, please click the ‘Apply’ button.
In your application please specify that you found out about this opportunity on GCFjobs.com Veuillez indiquer dans votre candidature que vous avez consulté cette offre sur le site web GCFjobs.com