Information Systems Officer
(SAP HCM Programming and Configuration), P4
- Job Code: INFORMATION SYSTEMS OFFICER
- Title Department/ Office: Department of Management Strategy, Policy and Compliance Enterprise Resource Planning Project
- Location: NEW YORK Closing date: 25 July 2020 Job Opening number: 20-IST-DMSPC ERP-136949-R-NEW YORK (E)
Org. Setting And Reporting
The position is located in the Human Capital Management (HCM), Organizational Management (OM) team, Solutions Architecture 1, Department of Management Strategy, Policy and Compliance in New York. The Information Systems Officer (SAP HCM Programming and Configuration) will report to the Chief, ERP HCM team.
Umoja is a continuous organizational transformation, enabling high-quality, and cost-effective service delivery for evolving United Nations mandates, anywhere in the world. By updating skills, harmonizing practices and applying global technology, Umoja maximizes productivity of the UN’s human, financial and material resources.
Umoja transcends organizational, geographical and functional barriers, fostering a culture of transparency, accountability, empowerment, sharing and unity across the United Nations. For more information on Umoja visit: http://umoja.un.org
The position will support the wider scope of work of the Umoja Project in respect of its implementation of SAP’s Human Capital Management (HCM), with a particularly focus on configuration, programming, Software development and integration points thereof across the various systems/modules of SAP, in particular with OM and Finance.
Under the supervision of the Chief, ERP HCM, the Information Systems Officer (SAP HCM Programming and Configuration) will be responsible for the following duties:
- Supports the on-going implementation of SAP’s HCM solution in the Umoja system, specifically in respect of programming, configuration and integration requirements. These responsibilities include upgrades, new code or OSS Notes as well as any change required to implement in the Umoja system for any new policy such as in respect of the UN Staff Rules and Regulations or the decisions by the ICSC concerning compensation of staff. In said respects, the incumbent specifically assures the focal point role in the ERP HCM team for the implementation of activities required to effectively complete the configuration and integration work of specific processes, changes and upgrades of the HCM solution of the Umoja system, including by:
- a) analyses the documented business plans and change or enhancement proposals concerning the HCM solution, whether provided by the ERP teams and/or implementing partners, to assure that the proposed developed work satisfactorily, aligns to the SAP standard and also conforms to the ERP implemented architecture, particularly concerning integration;
- b) executes or directs the implementation of approved configuration and software development activities for the HCM solution, ensuring that the outcome functionality conforms to the approved development plan to satisfy the requirements. c) oversees the security-related implications and the related change requirements concerning the Umoja solution for HCM, specifically in respect of the Payroll module and processes in the Umoja system;
- In connection with the above, provides direction for the effective design and development of test scripts and scenarios, reviewing and validating them through the end-to-end phases of the chain, including from Unit Testing, Functional Acceptance Testing and Product Integration Testing, or Payroll Parallel Testing through the User Verification Testing stage. Takes responsibility for ensuring that the test scenarios designed verify that the system is compliant with business process requirements and that all relevant integration points have been considered and configured.
- Undertakes Tier 3 specialized Production Support for HCM of the Umoja system, including diagnostics of issues, fixes or enhancements with the related recommendations concerning design or configuration or changes to procedure.
- Liaises with SAP on matters related to the SAP HCM Solution, such as to report defects promptly or support the follow-up required for the resolution of the identified issues or in respect of the implementation of OSS Notes, Enhancement Packages (EHPs), etc.
- Collaborates with other teams of the Project in respect of the ongoing work concerning the ERP’s Architecture, SAP OSS Notes, Support packs, Enhancement Packages, and/or upgrades required in order to ensure such enhancements address organizational requirements and follow standard testing and change control procedures before being implemented in the Production environment for optimal delivery.
Professionalism: Knowledge of SAP HCM. Knowledge of SAP’s development platform. Ability to utilize methodologies and tools for Project Management, as well as for Issue and Risk Management for SAP implementation. Shows pride in work and in achievements. Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter. Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns. Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
Planning and organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies. Identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required. Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work. Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning. Monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary. Uses time efficiently.
Technological Awareness: Keeps abreast of available technology; understands applicability and limitation of technology to the work of the office; actively seeks to apply technology to appropriate tasks; shows willingness to learn new technology.
Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in computer science, information systems, mathematics, engineering, mathematics, statistics or related area. A first-level university degree in combination with two years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
Relevant SAP certifications is desirable.
A minimum of seven years of progressively responsible experience in the planning, design, configuration, development, implementation and maintenance of SAP HCM software solutions is required. Advanced experience with ABAP programming is required.
Experience integrating SAP ERP packages with other enterprise systems or other internal systems, including interfaces based on SOA principles and technology is also required. Said experience shall also include comprehensive security-related assessment and resolution roadmaps in SAP.
Experience with SAP HCM Not-for-Profit (NPO) solution is desirable. Experience with SAP FIORI is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge of another UN official language is an advantage.