Information Systems Officer
(SAP Technical development and Integration), P3
- Department/ Office: Department of Management Strategy, Policy and Compliance Enterprise Resource Planning Project
- Location: NEW YORK
- Job Opening number: 20-IST-DMSPC ERP-136529-R-NEW YORK (E)
- Closing date: 25 July 2020
Org. Setting And Reporting
The position is located in the Development and Integration team, SAP Development, Technical integration architecture, Fiori/Apps, Delivery Team of the ERP/Umoja project in the Department of Management Strategy, Policy and Compliance in New York. The Information Systems Officer (SAP Technical Development and Integration) will report to ERP Officers.
Umoja is a continuous organizational transformation, enabling high-quality, and cost-effective service delivery for evolving United Nations mandates, anywhere in the world. By updating skills, harmonizing practices and applying global technology, Umoja maximizes productivity of the UN’s human, financial and material resources.
Umoja transcends organizational, geographical and functional barriers, fostering a culture of transparency, accountability, empowerment, sharing and unity across the United Nations. For more information on Umoja visit: http://umoja.un.org
The SAP technology specialist supports the ongoing implementations of the ERP SAP implementation of the Umoja solution specifically the Enterprise Central Component (ECC), Workflow and Business rules [BPM, BRM], Interfaces with both SAP and non-SAP systems and applications, as well as in respect of back-end integration points across systems and workstreams of the Umoja solution [particularly Finance and SCM] and integration with Cloud solutions.
Under direct supervision of ERP officers, the post will specifically support work in the following areas of the ERP implementation by alignment with best practices:
- Ongoing Technical DEVELOPMENT and PROGRAMMING: under the direction of the technical lead.
- Supports the definition, design, coding, testing and deployment workflows, reports, integrations, customizations, enhancements and forms primarily using ABAP and other SAP- specific technologies such as IDocs, BAPIs, RFCs, PI/PO, BADI, Fiori, FPM Web Dynpro, BDC, POWL, BOPF, Workflow, BTEs and LSMW.
- Supports existing FRICEW objects, analyzing any defects/issues raised, applying OSS notes, supporting any issues with FRICEW, identify gaps and provide solution(s), translate it to technical efforts and estimate the work for the same.
- Provides support to existing SAP implementation and develop incremental enhancements to existing functionality and/or new functionality as needed.
- Assists the SAP Architect in diagnosing issues, creating prototypes (as necessary) and liaising with Functional Teams ensuring the solution meets the needs of the business.
- Effectively analyzes root causes to provide solutions for production and development or assure optimization of performance objects and systems utilizing best practices.
- Develops and maintains appropriate documentation in respect of all of the above [covering the initial analysis of requirements, architecture design options, and the deployment cycle from build, testing to releasing activities].
- Build, develop and grow business relationships with users, IT teams and partners.
- Provide regular communication to management on work assignment issues and status.
- INTEGRATION: under the guidance of the Integration Architect.
- Supports the building and maintenance of complex objects which involves integration to external systems using mechanism such as Proxy, RFC, Idocs, Bdocs and Webservices.
- Develops and maintains integration of many interrelated systems, program elements and applications; ensuring appropriate data security and access controls considering both local and wide-area issues.
- Supports Cloud Integration required as per the above criteria.
- Application Life Management [ALM] and ChaRM
- Assists in Development methodologies such as SAP Activate/Focus Build and ASAP Methodologies;
- Utilizes tools like ChaRM for ensuring developments within the SAP area are transported correctly throughout the landscape and assisting other teams for any transport failures related to development objects.
- Recommends SAP best practices across the project for ensuring proper implementations of Releases and Upgrades.
- Others as required.
Professionalism: Knowledge of SAP development in ABAP for Business Suite and S4Hana. Knowledge of PI, PO, SolMan and ChaRM. Knowledge of Fiori. Understanding of SAP implementation and Methodology and high-level programming languages. Shows pride in work and in achievements. Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter. Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns. Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
Planning and organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies. Identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required. Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work. Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning. Monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary. Uses time efficiently.
Technological Awareness: Keeps abreast of available technology; understands applicability and limitation of technology to the work of the office; actively seeks to apply technology to appropriate tasks; shows willingness to learn new technology.
Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in computer science, information systems, mathematics, statistics or related field. A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree. SAP Certifications are desirable.
A minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in planning, design, development, implementation and maintenance of an ERP information systems within an SAP environment is required. Experience with development in SAP and with the related SAP tools for implementation is required, which includes: ABAP, Webdynpro, Objects, BAPIs, BADIs, user-exits, smartforms, LSMW, SAP Business Workflow and Rules (BPM, BRM), Business Server Pages (BSP), SAP Script and/or SAP ADOBE forms. Experience with SAP Public Sector modules such as Finance Integration, Funds and Grants Management (FM/GM) and Supply Chain Modules [SCM] as well as with interfaces and data transfers from/to SAP and non-SAP systems is desirable. Experience as a user of SAP Solution Manager for Application Lifecycle Management and with SAP Best Practices for ChaRM implementation is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the posts advertised, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another UN official language is an advantage.