Communications and Social Media Intern – Un Women
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Communications and Advocacy Specialist, the intern will:
- Support the development of communications tools such as brochures, infographics, fact-sheets, multi-media assets etc.;
- Support the daily management of regional social media accounts (Twitter, Facebook, Youtube and Flickr):
- Writing engaging posts and ensuring regular updates on social media and support with production of other content for social media
- Personal communications with fans and followers
- Keeping up to date on new social media tools, best practice and how other organizations and companies are using them in order to identify new campaigning opportunities,
- Analyzing social media analytics together with the communications team to support the expansion of UN Women’s reach over social media in the region
- Support research on specific themes relating to UN Women mandate;
- Support the organization and preparation of meetings and events planned by the ECA RO;
- Contribute and ensure the visibility of events, campaigns and key activities planned by ECA RO and field offices. (drafting articles, podcasts, photos, etc.).
- Support with the production of multimedia content
In addition, the intern will support on administrative tasks
- To support events’ organization: service providers’ selections (communication agency, hotels, printer, etc.) and elaboration of terms of references, drafting selection minutes, contracts, etc.
- To follow the reception of deliverables and the services’ providers’ payment;
- To ensure the shaping of reports and documents;
- To ensure translations and synthesis.
Required Skills and Experience
- University studies in one of the following disciplines: communications, public relations, journalism or other relevant subjects is required.
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent); Have graduated with a university degree and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one-year period of graduation, or Be enrolled in a postgraduate professional traineeship program which is part of a degree programme and undertake the internship as part of the program requirements.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) in English are required;
- Working knowledge of another UN language is an advantage.