Country Representative – UNWomen – New Delhi
Duties and Responsibilities
Manage the strategic country programme planning and development
- Develop and implement strategic direction of the CO;
- Lead the design, planning, formulation, preparation and development of the Country Strategic Note;
- Identify planning and programme needs, opportunities and approaches to strengthen UN Women country presence and relevance;
- Provide strategic advice and leadership to UN Women’s Executive Director, Regional Director and Senior Management on the regional and country direction;
- Manage and ensure the quality of results-based and rights-based programming for the CO; Finalize the annual work plan and budget;
- Engage and collaborate with senior partners in the UN System.
Manage the India Country Office
- Lead the office in the delivery of operational goals; finalize the annual work plan and budget; and oversee the implementation, including providing direction, guidance and technical support;
- Oversee and approve programme work plans and the optimum and appropriate allocation and use of resources; monitor the overall progress and compliance of the CO;
- Manage the preparation of UN Women mandated country reports;
- Manage the audit review process and timely response to audit reports;
- Manage the performance of staff under supervision; provide managerial direction, guidance and leadership to staff and provide performance feedback and coaching to staff under supervision;
- Maintain and update CO security strategy, plan, and measures to ensure full compliance with UN security policies, procedures and requirements.
Represent UN Women in UN inter-agency coordination
- Serve as member of the UN Country Team (UNCT) under the strategic guidance and coordination of the UN Resident Coordinator (RC)/Humanitarian Coordinator (HC);
- Support UNCT programming and advocacy to ensure gender equality and women’s empowerment issues are fully integrated into UN programming processes, including the Common Country Assessment (CCA) and United Nations Development Assistance Framework (UNDAF) and in an enhanced response to national partners;
- Lead joint programming and promote UN competencies to advance gender equality and women’s human rights;
- Provide leadership and guidance to the UNCT in supporting enhanced response to national partners in advancing gender equality and women’s empowerment;
- Partner with RC and UN system partners to strengthen UN system interagency coherence, collaboration, planning, cooperation, resource mobilization, advocacy, common services, and operations; Facilitate joint programming and promote UN competencies to advance gender equality and women’s human rights; report to the UN RC on these issues as required
- Ensure UN Women’s active participation in UN system thematic and other working groups to establish effective networks and keep abreast of ongoing debates and thinking on development.
Represent UN Women and lead advocacy strategies
- Represent UN Women in intergovernmental forums, public information/relations events and key meetings, participate in policy dialogue; discuss policy initiatives, report on progress achieved and/or present policy papers/ideas;
- Build relations and partnerships with high level and senior government officials as well as multi-lateral, bi-lateral agencies and NGOs; and participate in regional, country and other critical meetings and events;
- Lead and support advocacy for gender equality and women’s empowerment to ensure that UN support towards realization of the national plans and priorities are done in a gender responsive manner, and within agreed international frameworks that promote and protect gender equality.
Create and maintain strategic partnerships and manage resource mobilization strategies
- Lead the development of resource mobilization strategies and manage the implementation of resource mobilization strategies, plans, and efforts;
- Establish and maintain relationships with government, partners, stakeholders and donors to achieve active collaboration, cooperation and alliances on programme development and implementation and resource mobilization;
- Finalize donor reports, and negotiate and/or approve cost-sharing agreements with donors; Establish reporting accountability framework to ensure that donors are duly informed on a timely basis.
Knowledge management, innovation and capacity building
- Manage the development and implementation on CO communication plans, based on UN Women’s communication strategy;
- Approve the implementation of innovation and best practices in the CO;
- Promote learning and development by providing opportunities for training and capacity guiding to enhance the competencies/productivity of staff members;
- Lead the production of knowledge products.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree or equivalent in international development, public administration, public policy or other relevant social science fields is required.
- A project/programme management certification (such as PMP®, PRINCE2®, or MSP®) would be an added advantage.
- At least 15 years of progressively responsible development experience that combines strategic and managerial leadership in aid development cooperation, some of which is in gender and women’s issues programming, at the international level, preferably in developing countries within the UN system, Agencies, Funds or Programs or UN Mission;
- Field based experience working with multi-cultural teams;
- Experience in leading a team.
- Fluency in English is required;
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset;
Closing date for applications 06 January 2020 before midnight.
In your application please specify that you found out about this opportunity on GCFjobs.com
Veuillez indiquer dans votre candidature que vous avez consulté cette offre sur le site web GCFjobs.com
Login or register to apply for this job