|Location :||New York|
|Application Deadline :||19-Jun-19 (Midnight New York, USA)|
|Time left :||34d 13h 33m|
|Additional Category :||Management|
|Type of Contract :||Individual Contract|
|Post Level :||International Consultant|
|Languages Required :||English|
|Starting Date : (date when the selected candidate is expected to start)||24-Jun-2019|
|Duration of Initial Contract :||8 months|
|Expected Duration of Assignment :||8 months (with possibility of extension)|
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
The UN Women Strategic Partnership Division (SPD) is responsible for proactively driving the strategic positioning of UN Women and ensure that the size, sources and predictability of its resources help the organization achieve its strategic goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Head of Individual, Public and Digital Giving, the Digital Fundraising Specialist will focus in getting UN Women fit for digital business and revamping UN Women Donation Online presence, by developing and rolling-out the system road test to be fit for success and accelerating rapidly through 2019 to be ready for the major opportunity of Beijing+25 in 2020.
The Digital Fundraising Specialist will be expected to undertake the following:
1. Strategy Development
- Develop UN Women digital fundraising strategy, action plan and budget that enable UN Women to improve efficiency and effectiveness of digital fundraising activity, including messaging, approach, landing pages and user experience;
- In coordination with ICT and Finance Units, launch platform for global donations and lead generation, to accept donations from donors globally in a way that is simple, intuitive and seamless for the donor and can be integrated with NatComs with digital capacity. This includes assessments and recommendations on payment gateway/processor functionality, database, donation platform CMS, email marketing tools; and research into platforms that encourage new ways of giving or to reach certain demographics through platforms or UN Women is already using.
- Development of UN Women digital fundraising policy; including guidelines for Regional and Country Offices on protocols, business ownership and approval process;
- Put in place full analytics and tracking of digital fundraising activity so that user journeys are optimised and conversion from prospect to donor is improved. Create a reporting dashboard for use by senior management.
2. Strategic Advice and Technical Support
- Support the UN Women Individual Giving team and UN Women National Committees to deliver and enhance digital fundraising activity including email marketing, digital advertising with the purpose of generating more supporters at an increased value, increasing the number of monthly donors;
- Deliver digital fundraising activity within the UN Women current systems and platforms and assess whether they are fit for purposes and able to meet the deliverables required;
- Recommend on best practices, new and existing tools and other supporting resources if needed.
3. Campaign Delivery
- In coordination with the Communications Unit, conduct digital fundraising campaigns targeted to specific markets or audiences using the global donations platform to drive revenue. Campaigns should include International Women’s Day, Mother Day/Father Day, 16 Days of Activism, Giving Tuesday, End of the Year, Humanitarian Appeals;
- Set up paid digital marketing channels including Google Adwords and Facebook advertising in coordination with Communications Section;
- Creating content, including email marketing drives, ad copy for digital platforms and visual assets, as needed;
Required Skills and Experience
University degree in public relations, marketing, advertising, business administration or similar, plus relevant postgraduate qualifications.
At least 8 years of progressively more responsible professional experience with digital commercial marketing/private sector fundraising, especially digital fundraising. Work experience within the UN system is a strong asset as well as international NGOs working in multiple markets. Experience in international development, donor aid programmes or another related field. Specific requirements are:
- Experience in commercial marketing with a focus on digital marketing for leading brands and clients;
- Experience of working across large NGOs or UN bodies in the area of digital fundraising and engagement, helping them to achieve significant growth in income;
- Comprehensive understanding of key digital fundraising techniques especially email marketing, Google search advertising, website analytics, social media and display advertising and Search Engine Optimisation;
- Extensive and proven experience of working with suppliers and agencies in the digital sector to deliver results and support income growth;
- High level of communications and presentation skills so that teams with limited knowledge can grow and develop their capacity and skills.
- Fluency in oral and written English is required.
- Intermediate knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian and Spanish) is desirable.