|Location :||Kathmandu, NEPAL|
|Application Deadline :||23-May-19 (Midnight New York, USA)|
|Time left :||9d 18h 55m|
|Additional Category :||Management|
|Type of Contract :||Service Contract|
|Post Level :||SB-3|
|Languages Required :||English|
|Starting Date : (date when the selected candidate is expected to start)||15-Jul-2019|
|Duration of Initial Contract :|
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security. UN Women Nepal’s Strategic Note (SN) for the period 2018-2022 lays out the agency’s unique role and comparative advantage in supporting national stakeholders in advancing gender equality and the empowerment of women in line with internationally agreed normative standards. The SN is aligned with and contributes to Nepal’s national priorities as described in Nepal’s Fourteenth Three-year Periodic Plan, its gender equality commitments, the needs of women’s organizations, and the UNDAF 2018-2022 with a commitment of leaving no one behind. UN Women will advance its efforts in Nepal in accordance with its unique role and triple mandate (normative, operational and coordination) and lessons learned to “achieve gender equality and social inclusion and empower women and girls in Nepal to realize their human rights” (Nepal Country Office SN Goal Statement). In Nepal, UN Women focuses on strengthening women’s voice, agency and leadership across sectors to advance women’s rights, provide space for women’s meaningful participation, and contribute to tangible differences in their lives. Under the overarching SN 2018-2022, UN Women focuses on two programmatic areas, inclusive governance, and women’s economic empowerment.
Under the overall guidance of the Representative and direct supervision of Operations Manager, the Executive Assistant ensures effective and efficient functioning of the office of the Head of UN Women Nepal Country Office, full confidentiality in all aspects of assignment, maintenance of protocol procedures, management of information flow and follow-up on deadlines and commitments made. The Executive Assistant also provides telephone communication and general reception and information services ensuring high quality and accuracy of work.
The Executive Assistant works in close collaboration with Program and Operations teams, UN Agencies and national authorities to ensure efficient flow of information, actions on instructions, agenda items etc.
Duties and Responsibilities
Ensures effective and efficient functioning of the office of HOA of the NCO focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Management of the layout of the HOA’s office, ensuring an environment of professionalism and teamwork at all times.
- Efficient and discreet management of the HOA’s schedules.
- Prepare brief background notes, bio of persons or organizations for the scheduled meetings.
- Organization of regular and ad-hoc meetings; preparation of minutes and summaries of actions to be taken; tracking of progress on planned issues; follow-up with the concerned persons on behalf of the HOA.
- Provide secretarial supports and inputs to NCO on document designing and presenting with infographic skills as per UN Women standard.
- Screening of all incoming communications, filter outgoing correspondence for supervisor’s signature, clearance and further action by other staff; wherever possible.
- Adherence to appropriate protocol and correspondence guidelines by CO team when communicating with Government and other external partners;
- Use of other office management system e.g. common calendar of events, alerting about emergency priorities, flow of information and coordination for approval of different documents.
Ensures provision of effective communications and administrative support to the UN Women Nepal Country office focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Maintenance of the filing system of all official correspondence ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials. Use of professional filing system both in hard copies and e-copies.
- Coordination of the information flow in the office including regular checking of NCO registry email and dissemination of corporate and interoffice communication to staff as required.
- Facilitation of information sharing with Program and Operations Teams.
- Follow up on deadlines, commitments made, actions taken and coordination of collection and submission of the reports and other documents to the HOA.
- Draft routine correspondence, interoffice circulars, general briefing notes and minutes of meetings when requested, brief translations when required;
- Administration of travel of NCO personnel and its partners and stakeholders;
- Support to organization of program events as required;
- Supervision, coaching and mobilization of NCO drivers for their effective services.
Ensures the provision of front-desk service, telephone communication services and general administrative support services focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Monitoring of all visitors to the office; assistance to visitors by providing directions and accurate information related to UN/UN-Women.
- Operation and management of the telephone switchboard in accordance with appropriate protocol.
- Management and planning of the front desk coverage.
- Collection of information and update of the UN telephone list and UN Directory, Addresses of the Government, International Organizations, Embassies, and Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) and other important contacts.
- Assist in the planning and preparation of meetings, conferences and conference telephone calls
- Issuance of gate passes, taking care of registry/incoming & outgoing mail, documents.
- Perform general clerical duties to include but not limited to: photocopying, faxing, mailing preparing bills related to office work.
- Effective management of office supplies and stationery, publications and resource materials of NCO.
Support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Participation in training for the operations/projects staff on administration.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Required Skills and Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and having specialized secretarial or office management would be an added advantage.
- A minimum of 3 years of secretarial, administrative experience is required at the national or international level.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, PPT etc.), experience in handling of web-based management systems will be an added advantage.
- Experience in UN system in similar assignment will be an added advantage.
Fluency in written and spoken English and Nepali is required.