|Deadline application:||22-May-19 (Midnight New York, USA)|
|Time left:||7d 17h 18m|
|Additional Category:||Gender Equality|
|Type of Contract:||Individual Contract|
|Post Level:||National Consultant|
|Required Languages:||Arabic French|
|Starting Date: (date when the candidate is expected to start)||27-May-2019|
|Duration of Initial Contract:|
In recent years, Morocco has seen a notable change in the institutionalization of gender equality and gender-sensitive territorial governance.
In accordance with the provisions of the Constitution of the Kingdom, adopted in July 2011, the organic laws relating to local authorities (Law 111.14 on the regions, Law 112.14 on prefectures and provinces and Law 113.14 on municipalities), promulgated in July 2015 extend the powers of local and regional authorities through the establishment of the principle of free administration and open up important prospects for the establishment of mechanisms and tools for gender-sensitive governance and ensuring equal effective opportunities between citizens.
To this end, the organic law n ° 111.14 relating to the regions, the law 112.14 relating to the prefectures and provinces and the law 113.14 relating to the communes provide:
- The creation of consultative bodies in partnership with civil society called “Instances equity, equal opportunities and gender approach” (art.117, art.111 and 120 respectively);
- The elaboration of the Regional Development Program (art.83), the Prefectural and Provincial Development Program (art.80) as well as the Action Plan of the Communes (art.78) taking into account the gender approach;
- Consideration of the gender aspect when setting the objectives of the programs or projects included in the budget and the definition of the numerical indicators for measuring the expected results (Article 171, Article 150 and Article 158 respectively). ).
In this context, the General Directorate of Local Authorities of the Ministry of the Interior (MI-DGCL) and the UN Women’s Multi-Country Office for the Maghreb signed in June 2014, a first partnership agreement, renewed for the period 2017-2020 to support local authorities in 3 target regions (Casablanca-Settat, Marrakech-Safi, Fez-Meknes), in the implementation of the provisions of organic laws relating to local authorities and their implementing decrees gender equality and setting the conditions for sustainable and inclusive socio-economic development.
Having identified the needs of the local authorities in terms of local governance sensitive to gender and produces a methodology and tools for gender mainstreaming in territorial planning in 2017-2018, the Convention aims for the period 2019-2020 strengthening the elected capacities and territorial frameworks of the 3 target regions.
In this context, the Partnership Agreement wishes to organize training sessions on gender-sensitive territorial planning for local elected representatives of the 8 provinces of the Marrakech-Safi region.
Duties and Responsibilities
Description of the mission of the consultant
The capacities of the provincial elected representatives of the Marrakech-Safi region in terms of gender mainstreaming in territorial planning are strengthened.
Design of training modules on gender-sensitive territorial planning for provincial elected officials of the Marrakech-Safi Region and the animation of 4 training sessions.
Members of the provincial councils of the Marrakech-Safi region.
Mandate of the consultant
Under the overall supervision of the Gender Responsive Local Governance Support Program Officer, the consultant will be required to perform the following tasks:
- Review, in-depth and adaptation in Arabic of the training module on gender-sensitive territorial planning produced by UN Women;
- Interactive animation of 4 training sessions for the provincial elected officials of the Marrakech-safi region
- Elaboration of a report on the recommendations following the trainings
All training sessions will be conducted in Arabic and reports will be written in French and Arabic.
Module and training tools translated into dialectal Arabic
Deadline: June 8, 2019
Summary training report with recommendations for future training for elected officials in other target communities
Deadline: June 25, 2019
All the diaries and supports for the launching sessions of the accompaniment, training and sensitization must be delivered one week before the scheduled date for these sessions.
The payment will be made available on the basis of the deliverables and the certification of a satisfactory performance “certification of satisfactory performance” by the project manager, and this, after the validation of the deliverables by UN Women and the DGCL.
The evaluation of the offers will take place in two stages:
1) Technical evaluation (70%) – Maximum: 700 points:
A technical score of 700 will be awarded to each tenderer according to the following scale:
|Experience in facilitation techniques of participatory workshops (organization of workshops, focus groups)||200|
|Experience attesting to the knowledge of the institutional problems encountered by the regions and their participative bodies.||200|
|Experience with knowledge of gender responsive local governance methodologies||200|
|Relevance of the methodological note and realism of the calendar||100|
Minimum number of points for the qualification of the technical offer is 490
2) Financial evaluation (30%) -Maximum: 300 points:
The maximum score (300 points) will be awarded to the technically qualified proposal and the lowest. The score of other offers will be calculated using the following formula:
p = 300 (μ / z)
p = Points for the evaluated financial proposal μ = Price of the offer technically valid and the lowest price z = Price of the tender object of the evaluation
Required Skills and Experience
Master’s degree or equivalent (Bac +4) in political science, social sciences, international relations, law, gender or other areas related to development and social action (required).
- Have at least 10 years of experience on gender and equality issues in the Moroccan context
- Have at least 5 years of experience in coaching and training with Moroccan institutional actors, especially at local level
- Experience in animation techniques of participatory workshops (organization of workshops, focus groups) with a public of elected
- Experience attesting to the knowledge of the institutional problems encountered by the regions and their participative bodies.
- Experience with knowledge of gender responsive local governance methodologies
Have a perfect oral and written command of French and Moroccan dialect Arabic.
- Have a mastery of the computer tool: Word and PowerPoint;
- Good writing ability and ability to synthesize.