UN Women Mexico. Open to Mexican Nationals only
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities
Coordinate the operations in the Country Office (CO) in accordance with UN Women rules and regulations and policies and strategies:
- Provide professional expertise and technical support to the Country
- Representative on operational issues;
- Draft the annual workplan for the Operations Team and oversee its implementation and monitoring;
- Participate in review meetings and provide technical support to the assessment of the managerial and operational capacities of implementing partners in collaboration with the programme and technical team;
- Guide and implement business process mapping and the establishment of internal standard operating procedures in all areas of the Operations Team’s functions;
- Implement corporate, budget, financial, procurement, and HR policies and systems and identify training for staff and project personnel on these issues;
- Ensure a continuous flow of information between the Country Office and Regional Office/HQ;
- Oversee all operations activities, including finance, human resources, procurement, transport, IT, security, administration and ensure they follow UN Women rules, regulations, policies and procedures;
- Supervisor operations staff: Finalize performance plans and evaluation standards; conduct performance assessments, provide feedback and coaching.
Coordinate the planning, expenditure tracking and auditing of financial resources in accordance with UN Women rules and regulations and policies and strategies:
- Provide professional expertise and technical support to the management of office and programme financial resources;
- Exercise proper financial controls;
- Report locally and to HQ in a timely manner on established structures; seek advice from RO when deviations may be necessary;
- Review and take corrective action as appropriate on audit findings;
- Perform Manager Level 1 role in ATLAS for voucher and PO approvals.
Provide Human Resources services:
- Coordinate recruitment processes and contract management; liaise with the HQ and service providers as necessary.
- Oversee contracts; advise on appropriate contract modalities in consultation with the HR Business Partner for the region.
Oversee procurement processes:
- Manage the provision of goods and services for the CO and projects following established corporate procedures regarding sub-contract review and awarding of contracts, evaluate for cost effectiveness and manage the negotiations in connection with eventual agreements;
- Provide professional recommendations to the preparation of procurement plans;
- Ensure proper inventory control of assets and liabilities.
Coordinate information and communications technology (ICT) management:
- Oversee the implementation of ICT systems;
- Make professional recommendations and introduce new ICT systems which affect the productivity of the overall office staff performance.
Serve as the focal point for security issues and ensure safety and security of staff:
- Brief supervisor and staff on security matters and disseminate relevant information as advised by UNDSS, brief UN Women visitors on security;
- Ensure full compliance with MOSS and MORSS procedures on security of staff and office premises;
- Provide professional recommendations to the Business Continuity Plan for the Country Office as necessary;
- Liaise with HQ-based Security Advisor or his/her designated staff member on all security matters.
Participate in inter-agency activities:
- Participate in inter-agency meetings and working groups to ensure UN Women’s interests are reflected in common system activities related to common services and premises, cost recovery and cost sharing arrangements, privileges and immunities, entitlements and salary surveys, security etc.;
- Liaise with UNDP and other UN agencies on operational issues, activities, and collaboration.
Contribute to knowledge sharing between the CO and RO:
- Ensure knowledge is shared and adequately applied between the Country Office and other COs/MCOs in the region.
Key Performance Indicators:
- All services are provided in compliance with UN Women rules, regulations and policies;
- Finances are properly identified and in a timely manner;
- Timely and accurate implementation of HR and procurement contracts;
- Office has a reliable ICT infrastructure environment;
- Safety and security systems are functioning effectively.
- Respect for Diversity;
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues;
- Creative Problem Solving;
- Effective Communication;
- Inclusive Collaboration;
- Stakeholder Engagement;
- Leading by Example.
- Good knowledge of operation, finance, procurement, human resources, ICT, and security systems and processes, particularly in the UN system is an asset;
- Ability to provide advice and support and develop solutions to varying problems;
- Ability to contribute to the formulation and monitoring of management projects;
- Ability to handle confidential information;
- Ability to lead a team;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Negotiating skills;
- Good IT skills.
Required Skills and Experience
Required Skills and Experience
Education and certification:
Master’s degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance, HR, or related field is required.
- At least 2 years of progressively responsible experience at the national or international level, in office management, operations or finance;
- Experience leading a team is an asset;
- Experience in working in a computer environment using multiple office software packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems and ERP systems, preferably PeopleSoft;
- Experience of accrual accounting, IPSAS or IFRS is an asset;
- Professional background in programming/ projects management is an asset.
- Fluency in English and Spanish is required;
- Knowledge of other UN official working language is an asset.
Application Closing Date: 18th September 2019 (Midnight New York, USA)