|Location :||Cairo, EGYPT|
|Application Deadline :||23-May-19 (Midnight New York, USA)|
|Time left :||10d 11h 36m|
|Additional Category :||Gender Equality|
|Type of Contract :||FTA Local|
|Post Level :||NO-A|
|Languages Required :||Arabic English|
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
UN Women Regional Office for Arab States (ROAS) is implementing a second phase of a regional programme, Men and Women for Gender Equality (2019-2021), which aims to create favorable realities where men and women in the Arab societies will be able to exercise their rights and opportunities equally. The countries of programme implementation are Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Tunisia, Morocco and Palestine.
The programme will work toward the achievement of three outcomes:
- Outcome 1: Communities have more gender-equitable behaviours.
- Outcome 2: Key institutions (academia, faith-based institutions, media, Governments) and networks integrate/promote gender-responsive practices.
- Outcome 3: Laws, policies and strategies promoting gender equality are drafted, revised and/or approved.
About the Position:
Reporting to the Regional Programme Manager, the Programme Analyst contributes to the effective management of UN Women programmes in the RO by providing substantive inputs to programme design, formulation, implementation and evaluation. S/he guides and facilitates the delivery of UN Women programmes by monitoring results achieved during implementation and ensuring appropriate application of systems and procedures and develops enhancements if necessary. She/he works in close collaboration with the programme and operations team, UN Women HQ staff, Government officials, multi and bi-lateral donors and civil society ensuring successful UN Women programme implementation under portfolio.
Duties and Responsibilities
1) Contribute technically to the development of programme strategies
- Provide substantive technical inputs to the design and formulation of programme/ project proposals and initiatives;
- Identify areas for support and intervention related to the programme.
2) Provide substantive technical support to the implementation and management of the programme
- Provide technical inputs to the annual workplan and budget;
- Lead the implementation of programme activities;
- Lead the coordination of the call/request for proposals, including the organization of technical review committees, and capacity assessment of partners;
- Review, coordinate and monitor the submission of implementing partner financial and narrative reports;
- Train partners on Results Based Management and monitor implementation.
3) Provide technical assistance and capacity development to project/programme partners
- Coordinate and provide technical support in the implementation of programme activities;
- Develop technical knowledge products;
- Maintain relationships with regional partners to support implementation and expansion of the programme;
- Identify opportunities for capacity building of partners and facilitate technical/ programming support and trainings to partners, as needed.
4) Provide technical, financial and administrative inputs to the monitoring and reporting of the programme/ project
- Monitor progress of implementation of activities and finances using results-based management tools;
- Draft reports on monitoring missions, programme results s, outputs and outcomes;
- Provide substantive inputs to the preparation of donor and UN Women reports;
- Supporting creation of projects in Atlas, preparation of budget revisions, revision of project award and project status, operational and financial closure of a project;
- Presenting information for audit of the programme;
- Creating e-requisitions in Atlas for the programme and register of goods receipt in Atlas;
- Drafting formal correspondence, in both Arabic and English;
- Maintaining proper filing, both soft and hard versions, of programme documents;
- Providing translations, as requested;
- Supporting narrative and financial reporting (Face Forms) submitted by partners through regular spot check visits to partners to verify financial documents; provide guidance to the partner organizations in any related matters;
- Supporting formulation of programme strategies through collection, analysis and presentation of information for identification of areas for support and programme formulation/implementation;
- Monitor budget implementation and make budget re-alignments / revisions as necessary.
5) Provide substantive inputs to building partnerships and resource mobilization strategies
- Provide substantive inputs to resource mobilization strategies; analyze and maintain information and databases;
- Prepare relevant documentation such as project summaries, conference papers, briefing notes, speeches, and donor profiles;
- Participate in donor meetings and public information events, as delegated.
6) Provide technical support to inter-agency coordination to achieve coherence and alignment of UN Women programmes with other partners in the country
- Provide substantive technical support to the Regional Programme Manager on inter-agency coordination related activities by drafting background reports and briefs.
7) Provide substantive inputs to advocacy, knowledge building and communication efforts
- Develop background documents, briefs and presentations;
- Coordinate and organize advocacy campaigns, events, trainings, workshops and knowledge products;
- Coordinate the development of knowledge management methodologies, organize and facilitate communities of practices.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Timely and quality substantive inputs programme strategies and activities;
- Timely and quality substantive inputs to workplans and budgets;
- Adherence to UN Women standards and rules;
- Timely monitoring and tracking of programme results and finances;
- Relationship with partners and stakeholders;
- Timely organization of events;
- Quality of knowledge and advocacy products.
Required Skills and Experience
Education and certification:
- Master’s degree or equivalent in social sciences, human rights, gender/women’s studies, international development, or a related field is required;
- A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree;
- A project/programme management certification would be an added advantage.
- At least 1 year of relevant work experience in development programme/project implementation, coordination, monitoring and evaluation, donor reporting and capacity building;
- Experience in the technical area of engaging men and boys in gender equality and women empowerment is an asset;
- Experience coordinating and liasing with government agencies and/or donors is an asset.
- Fluency in English and knowledge of Arabic is required;
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.