Programme Coordinator – UNWomen – Balkh
Duties and Responsibilities
Coordinate the Programme with the relevant thematic areas for the region
- Coordinate the overall Programme work plan development and implementation according to Strategic Note/ programme document at the field office
- Gather inputs and coordinate the preparation of work-plans, periodic narrative progress reports and expenditures status reports to the Programme teams and UN Women management;
- Establish effective systems for project planning, implementation and monitoring, in collaboration with partners at the field level, and in coordination with the Programme team leads;
- Record and maintain documents on relevant Programme activities, issues, and risks.
Guide coordination with provincial partners and other stakeholders
- Coordinate relationships with provincial partners to support implementation and expansion of the UN women Programmes/Portfolio at local level, raise potential problems and suggest solutions;
- Identify capacity building needs and support partners through technical assistance, mentoring, training and capacity development initiatives, as needed.
Coordinate the monitoring and reporting on the Programmes implementation at the Provincial level
- Gather and compile all information necessary for monitoring and reporting on programmes and projects at the sub national level, to inform overall planning to the evaluation stages;
- Monitor the implementation of activities and the expenditure of funds; conduct regular monitoring visits within the province, and region, as required;
- Provide inputs to annual and quarterly reports as well as to donor reports; coordinate the submission of implementing partner financial and narrative reports
- Provide inputs to thematic areas on programme activities and results with the province and region and submission Country Office, in Kabul.
Manage people and finances of the thematic area programme
- Coordinate development and preparation of financial resources of the programme including budgeting and budget revisions, and expenditure tracking and reporting;
- Monitor the allocation and disbursement of funds to participating partners;
- Supervise Programme Associate and other office Assistants.
Build partnerships and support in developing resource mobilization strategies
- Provide inputs to the development of partnerships and resource mobilization strategies.
Advocate and facilitate knowledge building and management and communication
- Document the programme implementation process and products;
- Contribute to the exchange of information and provide inputs to the development of knowledge products internally and externally of the programme;
- Coordinate the organization of major advocacy campaigns, events, trainings, workshops and knowledge products at local level.
Required Skills and Experience
Education and certification
- Master’s degree or equivalent in public administration, law, human rights, gender equality, management, social sciences or other related areas is required.
- A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- At least 4 years of progressively responsible experience at the national or international level in managing complex and multi-component programme interventions with national partners, preferably related to thematic area;
- Experience in coordinating, implementing, monitoring and evaluating development programmes and projects is an asset;
- Experience and understanding of local context particularly in Balkh and surrounding provinces will be of added advantage.
- Fluency in English and Dari /Pashtu is required;
- Working knowledge of another official UN language is an asset.