Business and Human Rights Officer – UNDP
Duties and Responsibilities
Ensure effective programme implementation at the national level, including:
- Coordinate annual work plan development and implementation according to project document;
- Ensure project meets expectations as specified in project document, and update CO management and B+HR Unit at Bangkok Regional Hub as required;
- Gather inputs and coordinate the preparation of work-plans, periodic narrative progress reports and expenditures status reports;
- Establish systems for project planning, implementation and monitoring;
- Record and maintain documents on relevant project activities, issues, and risks;
- Gather and compile all information necessary for monitoring and reporting on activities from the planning to the evaluation stages;
- Monitor the implementation of activities and the expenditure of funds; conduct regular monitoring visits, as required;
- Draft and provide inputs to annual and quarterly reports;
- Coordinate development and preparation of financial resources including annual workplan budgeting and budget revisions, and expenditure tracking and revisions;
- Monitor the allocation and disbursement of funds to CSO partners per UNDP corporate guidance;
- Advocate and facilitate knowledge building and management and communication in line with EU and UNDP guidelines.
Conduct awareness-raising, capacity building and advocacy activities, including:
- Drafting reports or conducting quality control over reports, highlighting key issues, trends, emerging opportunities, risks, potential project partners, and entry-points for the country
- Conducting consultations at national level with CSOs, business and government
- Design and implement training, campaigning, and advocacy efforts as necessary
- Develop partnerships with the UN Agencies, IFI’s, government institutions, bi-lateral and multi-lateral donors, private sector firms and civil society organizations in the specific thematic areas based on the strategic goals of UNDP Country Offices, country needs and donors’ priorities;
- Deliver presentations/workshops to the Resident Coordinator’s Office and the UN Country Team to raise awareness and build partnerships at the national level.
Provide technical support, expert advice, and policy representation to support governments in developing policy documents and regulatory guidance, including:
- Organizing national events on Business and Human Rights to exchange best practices
- Training government representatives on Business and Human Rights and seize opportunities to use the implementation of the UNGPs as an instrument to strengthen gender equality and promote Environmental Rights
- Facilitating discussions on key country-specific issues that can be incorporated National Action Plans
- Provide comments on Base Line Assessments, and National Action Plans on Business and Human Rights, or other policy instruments
- Support research to showcase best practices in the field of business and human rights, and any other research required to support promotion and understanding of the UNGPs and its varied applications;
- Provide guidance to stakeholders of human rights due diligence best practices
- Engage with stakeholders on access to remedy initiatives, including in the protection of human rights defenders
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Law, Political Science, Public Policy, International Development, other Social Sciences, or closely related fields.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience with Master’s degree (or 4 years with Bachelor’s degree) in programme and policy work preferably in human rights, land rights or Responsible Business fields.
- Familiarity with the UNGPs and any experience working on Business and Human Rights matters is an asset.
- Experience working with governments, business and civil society in Myanmar on human rights issues is an asset.
- Fluency in both Myanmar and English is essential, both written and oral.
- Working knowledge of another UN language is an asset.
Closing date for applications 05 June 2020 before midnight.
In your application please specify that you found out about this opportunity on GCFjobs.com
Veuillez indiquer dans votre candidature que vous avez consulté cette offre sur le site web GCFjobs.com