Business Intelligence Analyst
- Analyzing business requirements to design, develop and update corporate reporting Dashboards, reports, data extracts and other business Intelligence solutions.
- Responsible for translating business requirements into technical specifications and perform rigorous data analysis to support requirements gathering and documentation and to ensure quality of data.
- Conduct unit testing of solutions developed and assist in validating outputs, conduct troubleshooting, and support existing solutions.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders at HQ, RO, and CO levels in identifying gaps in existing products and systems, while promoting and communicating use of existing corporate data products, information systems and solutions within the organization.
- Identifying, designing, developing and implementing business intelligence to capture, consolidate, organize, analyze and reports.
- Assist in assuring the overall goals of the PMSU unit are met through the consolidation and dissemination of information regarding the budgeting process, financial analysis and investment funds via assisting in the development, implementation and maintenance of UNCDF’s business Intelligence capacity, financial analysis and both internal and external financial communication.
- Lead the development and management of information extracting, reporting and Corporate dashboards in respect of PMSU/FMS services. Ensure that all extracts, reports, dashboards or other inputs have been appropriately tested and that data integrity is maintained with auditable corporate reports, aligned to the organization’s ERP system.
- Manages and guides business area users in developing solutions for their reporting and information needs as well as identifying new data needs and delivery mechanisms and providing analysis reports.
- Ensures system integrity through running his/her own checks and diagnostics, and through the creation of processes to run defined queries on a regular basis.
- Supports the design and development of functional specifications required by PMSU/FMS and its internal clients, through reviewing and refining functional specifications where necessary.
- Communicates clearly and openly with the Service delivery teams and with PMSU/FMS clients, based on facts. Ensure client priorities and constraints are well understood and supported.
- Providing real-time data to management and programme/budget owners to make strategic decisions for UNCDF in area of programme management, resource mobilization and business processing.
- Optimize business process through fine tuning existing process by developing specifications and change requests, enhancing reporting for internal and external customers, and developing training for application rollouts (manuals, guidelines, videos)
- Ensure reliable and accurate data on the PMSU/FMS Dashboards through modelling and updating dashboard reports/cubes, Extract, Transform,Load (ETL) for dataflow, integration of new data into data warehouse, data testing.
- Assist in developing models/reports to analyze accuracy of forecasting versus reporting
- Assist in developing annual revenue and expenditure forecasts; analyze revenue and expenditure global trends from various reporting sources, including the Revenue and Expenditure Report (RER).
- Ensure data consistency between budget, forecasts, latest estimates and actuals
- Assist in consolidation issues related to budgeting (revenue and expense consolidation, post consolidation and reconciliation), working closely with DES, Head FMS and PMSU/FMS colleagues.
- Assist the PMSU and FMS colleagues Finance Manager in preparing communication and presentations on corporate data trends.
- Assist the Supervisor with unit planning and any other tasks as assigned.
- An Advanced/Master level University degree is required in IT, finance, business administration, accounting or related area. A first-level university degree with two additional years of relevant experience is also acceptable.
- A minimum of two years of professional work experience in business analysis and/or business intelligence is required.
- Experience in managing and supporting clients.
- Advanced knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages is required.
- Hands-on experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), preferably with ATLAS (PeopleSoft)
- Hands-on proficiency with SQL, BI tools, Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE) is an asset.
- Experience in production of financial and other management reports and data management preferred.
- Experience in handling of web-based management systems desirable.
- Experience in handling Client Relationship Management (CRM) applications or business analytics systems is desirable.
- Training in ETL processes, data modelling, performance management and business intelligence tools is required.
- Strong technical expertise and functional Knowledge of Oracle/SAP and Microsoft SharePoint would be an asset.
- Demonstrated technical and intellectual skills in area of specialty (Business Intelligence) is required;
- Experience with a UN organization/agency is desirable; along with experience with amjor ERP packages/ATLAS, but not a requirement.
- Full fluency in written and spoken English is required.
- Professional fluency knowledge of French language is considered a distinct advantage, but not required.