Driver – UNDP – Belmopan
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of key functions:
- Ensures provision of reliable and safe driving services by:
- driving office vehicles for the transport of UN RC, other high-ranking officials and visitors and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items,
- meeting official personnel and visitors at the airport including visa and customs formalities arrangement when required;
- arrangement for registration of new vehicles including comprehensive and third-party insurance.
- Ensures cost-savings through proper use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, provision of inputs in preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports.
- Ensures proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing, all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents, etc. Responsible for maintenance of inventory of security/communication equipment (VHF radios, or any other equipment that is available).
- Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, necessary spare parts in the assigned vehicle.
- Ensures provision of administrative support through
- assistance with office filing,
- general office support,
- operate and maintain a variety of office equipment (e.g. photocopier, facsimile, printer, scanner)
- advance preparation of scheduled trips for obtaining relevant security clearance,
- perform other duties as required.
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary Education. Valid Driver’s license.
- 3 years’ work experience as a driver; safe driving record; knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair.
- Language Requirements
- Fluency and good writing skills in English.
- Spanish is an asset.
- Knowledge of another UN official language is an advantage.