Application closing date: 4 July 2019
Under the supervision of the Financial Analyst, the incumbent is in charge of the regular accounting tasks (accounting and various analyzes, budget monitoring, bank reconciliations, preparation of payroll). He is also in charge of the payments of the other Agencies of the United Nations System as well as the common services of the United Nations System.
He / She assists the Financial Analyst to discuss with the staff of the section and the UN Agencies, expenditure authorizations, explains the financial rules and procedures of the UNDP.
He / she must work closely with operations, programs and projects teams.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. For all clients he / she is responsible for, he / she must:
- Check the accounting documents and proceed to the payment of suppliers, Individual Contract contracts;
- Prepare internal and out-of-country mission expenses as well as accessories (terminal dues, reimbursement F10 and other travel items);
- Manage the cash flow and propose the level of bailout of periodic bank accounts;
- Save bank deposits.
2. In collaboration with the projects / programs, ensure that budget lines are allocated for each position in Atlas;
3. Analyze all transactions in ATLAS (transactions performed by finance, projects and agencies);
4. Proceed with the execution of the pay cycle, the finalization and issuance of checks as well as bank transfers;
5. Prepare the first payrolls;
6. Ensure the correct classification and accessibility of the accounting documents in accordance with the rules and procedures in force;
7. Assist the audit missions in the collection of financial information and the production of replies to the requests of the auditors;
8. Actively participate in closing accounts, obtain accounting information and make them available;
9. Prepare cost recovery invoices for services provided by UNDP to other Agencies and implement cost recovery monitoring in liaison with the Agencies with respect to its portfolio of activities;
10. Contribute to the maintenance of Dashboard finances;
11. Respect segregation of duties in accordance with the Internal Control in force;
12. Share with colleagues a summary of lessons learned and best practices in Finance;
13. Make quality contributions in knowledge networks and specialized circles;
14. Perform all other duties of other Finance Unit colleagues in case of absence;
15. Perform other assigned duties.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree + a certificate in finance, accounting, or management.
- Obtaining a certificate in Accounting and Finance from UNDP is required (EPSI)
- 5 years of experience in the field of accounting, finance and budget;
- Experience in the use of computers and office software (MS Word, Excel, etc.), and good knowledge of spreadsheets, experience of accounting software;
- Good command of French