Finance Assistant – UNDP – Tripoli, Libia
Duties and Responsibilities
Ensures implementation of operational strategies focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of financial processes and financial records with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Input to the CO business processes mapping and elaboration of the content of internal Standard Operating Procedures in Finance in consultation with the direct supervisor and office management.
Ensures functioning of the optimal cost-recovery system focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Provision of inputs for preparation of quarterly invoice and cost-recovery bills in Atlas for the services provided by UNDP, follow up on cost recovery.
Provides accounting and administrative support to the Finance Unit focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Proper control of the supporting documents for payments and financial reports for NEX projects; preparation of all types of vouchers for projects and on-behalf of non-Atlas Agencies; PO vouchers; Pay Cycle and payment execution.
- Proper receipting of goods and services and establishment of accruals.
- Maintenance of the internal expenditures control system which ensures that vouchers processed are matched and completed, transactions are correctly recorded and posted in Atlas; travel claims, MPOs and other entitlements are duly processed
- Timely corrective actions on unposted vouchers, including the vouchers with budget check errors, match exceptions, unapproved vouchers.
- Management of cash receipts and custodian of petty cash.
- Maintenance of the proper filing system for finance records and documents.
- Preparation of vouchers and PO vouchers for management projects can in small offices be performed by Finance Associates. Voucher creation functions in the offices with Service Centres or Project offices can be performed by Service Administrators of the Service Centres or Finance Assistants of Project offices.
Ensures proper CO cash management system functioning focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Alternate to Finance Associate (ICS-6) for timely review of cash position for local accounts to ensure sufficient funds on hand for disbursements. Timely identification and recording of receipts for income application.
- Alternate to Finance Associate (ICS-6) for daily review of zero-balance account bank statements in Atlas to monitor imprest level; identification and recording of contributions.
- Preparation of monthly UN exchange rate report to Treasury.
- Timely and accurate preparation of bank reconciliations.
- Initiation of bank transfers and deals in Atlas.
- Focal persons to coordinate with local bank and for necessary follow up with bank related transactions.
- Creation of deals in large offices can be performed by Finance/Treasury Associates.
Supports knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Participation in the trainings for the operations/ projects staff on Finance.
- Contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary Education with specialized certification in Accounting and Finance.
- University Degree in Finance, Business or Public Administration desirable, but it is not a requirement.
- Part-qualified accountants from an internationally recognized institute of accountancy will have a distinct advantage.
- 5 years of relevant finance experience at the national or international level is required.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web based management systems.
- Experience with ERP financials, preferably PeopleSoft, desirable.
- Knowledge of IPSAS and/or IFRS desirable
- Fluency in the UN and national language of the duty station.
Closing date for applications 31 March 2020 before midnight.
In your application please specify that you found out about this opportunity on GCFjobs.com
Veuillez indiquer dans votre candidature que vous avez consulté cette offre sur le site web GCFjobs.com