Finance Manager – UNDP – Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Duties and Responsibilities
The Finance Manager of the GSSC shall oversee, provide guidance and direction to the Finance Team in the provision of transactional, and related advisory and support services to clients, including Payable Services, Revenue and Contribution Management, General Accounting and Project Accounting, and other related processes
- Manage the day-to-day services provided, monitoring performance, rebalancing resources and prioritising activities to deliver quality on-time services to clients
- Providing direction, advice and support to Functional Stream leads, including the review and approval of complex transactions
- Create a climate for the effective development, training and engagement of staff.
The Finance Manager of the GSSC shall support the Director in the formulation and implementation of the strategic direction, business planning and development of the GSSC to ensure optimum service provision, incorporating the following responsibilities:
- Strategic and business planning: Setting of priorities and planning of work in line with overall corporate goals;
- Performance monitoring and management: To instil a performance management culture throughout the GSSC, including constantly evaluating services to clients with a view to improving delivery through innovation and deployment of best practices;
- Environmental scanning: to assist in the monitoring and analysis of the operating environment to ensure adequate agility, risk management and quick readjustment of the operations as needed;
- Business continuity and risk management: To implement business continuity and risk management systems, including accountability for the establishment and maintenance of professional accounting standards
Participate in other strategic initiatives, build relationship with internal and external clients/partners, provision of services in:
- Client relationship management. Ensure high levels of customer focus and satisfaction, manage the interface with key stakeholders.
- Advocacy of services: To promote, advocate and expand the services of the GSSC;
- Regular and timely reports on progress as well as lessons learned are shared,
- Advice and guide in developing solutions for ongoing issues arising.
- Monitor KPIs and ensure that appropriate qualitative and quantitative measurements are in place and the tracks quality of service delivery and productivity of employees
Efficiency and Cost Recovery
- Culture: facilitates a robust culture of continuous improvement and learning
- Business improvement: To identify, plan and implement initiatives to take forward the continual development and improvement of the GSSC, including innovation, digitization, design and application of improved workflows, and ensure the formulation of clear easy-to-follow Standard Operating Procedures for all finance processes;
- Ensure clarity in costing approach and methodology to be used for the provision of all services, and that service lines are costed accurately and billed to the respective clients/budgets on timely manner.
- Review all MOU/SLA singed by GSSU with clients and ensure that all cost is accurately reflected.
Required Skills and Experience
- Professional accounting qualification from an internationally accredited institute of accountancy is a requirement.
- Advanced (Masters) University Degree in Finance or Accounting, is desirable, but not a requirement.
- 10 years of relevant experience in delivering financial transactional services, ideally in a shared services context.
- 5 or more years of senior management responsibilities in finance, with similar experience and complexity.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages.
- Experience in handling of web based management systems and ERP financials, preferably PeopleSoft, and Client Relationship Management (CRM) applications
- Expert knowledge of GAAP, ideally with experience in either IPSAS and/or IFRS.
- Fluency in English required.
- Knowledge of another UN language is a distinct advantage
Closing date for applications 28 January 2020 before midnight.
In your application please specify that you found out about this opportunity on GCFjobs.com
Veuillez indiquer dans votre candidature que vous avez consulté cette offre sur le site web GCFjobs.com