Intern – Communications – Istanbul
Duties and Responsibilities
The intern will report to Communications Analyst, and will be expected to:
- Support the creation and uploading of content for the UNDP Regional website;
- Creating materials for social media channels, especially Instagram, and social networking
- Assist the communications team in the organisation of key events and communication opportunities, such as major regional conferences, discussions and report launches;
- Research and monitor relevant websites and social media channels as needed to feed content into the work of the communications team;
- Research and application of SEO and marketing tactics;
- Analytics compiling and reporting;
- Other tasks related to graphic design, web design, web content
Required Skills and Experience
Applicants to the UNDP internship programme must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
- be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); or
- be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent); or
- have graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) and (b) above) in a degree programme in a relevant discipline (digital marketing, web management, graphic design, social media, communication) and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation
- Experience in website management, content creation, digital communications is preferred.
- Experience with web-based applications, basics of HTML, as well as video and photo editing and design software is preferred. ?
- Experience working with social media – especially Instagram and Twitter – and good understanding of web metrics and experience producing analytics reports is preferred ?
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Knowledge of Russian and/or Turkish is an asset.