Application closing date: 24 June 2019
UNDP is the UN Development Programme and works in some 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion. UNDP helps countries to develop policies, leadership skills, partnering abilities, institutional capabilities and build resilience in order to sustain development results. UNDP supports the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and the 17 new Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), as they help shape global sustainable development for the next 15 years.
The UNDP Junior Professional Officer Service Centre (JPOSC) is an end-to-end human resources service centre. Among other activities, it manages several young professional programmes, including the Junior Professional Officer (JPO), Special Assistant to the Resident Coordinator (SARC) and Specialist Development (SDP) Programmes whose overall goal is to provide young professionals the opportunity to gain experience in the field of international development cooperation. These programmes aim build capacities for the global development sector, while providing UNDP and other UN organizations with young talent with promising professional development. The JPOSC is also responsible for the management of other externally-funded talent programmes, such as Government Secondment Programmes and Fellowship Programmes.
The JPOSC is looking for a consultant to provide support to recruitment activities with a particular focus on the operational aspects of recruitment s, which includes vetting and screening of candidates, planning, organizing interviews and facilitating interviews, collecting and verification of references and interacting with candidates and receiving offices/hiring units. The consultant will support the candidate experience throughout the recruitment process.
VI. Application Procedure
Candidates are requested to submit an application including: 1) a CV outlining previous experience in areas related to this Terms-of-Reference, and 2) a brief financial proposal including a daily and monthly fee.
Given the short-term and time-bound nature of this consultancy, a desk review will be conducted to determine the final candidate.
Duties and Responsibilities
The consultant will undertake the following duties:
Deliverable 1: Coordinate recruitment process for fellowship programmes and selected JPO positions.
- Design of recruitment strategies for fellowship programmes
- Design recruitment strategies for fellowship programmes, including assessment techniques to be applied, roster/pool approach, timeframe, distribution of responsibilities
- Prepare vacancy announcement
- Collaborate with JPOSC communication team on outreach activities
Screening of candidates:
- Review and verify applications against set corporate requirements
- Compile preliminary longlist
- Coordinate finalization of short-list for final approval
Planning of competency-based interviews
- Prepare interview questions
- Set-up interview panels
- Send invitations
- Facilitate interviews
- Prepare interview reports
- Soliciting and verifying reference checks
- Prepare and maintain selection records
Required Skills and Experience
University Degree in HR, Business or Public Administration or other related field
- Experience in the field of recruitment, including outreach, assessment and selection,
- Experience with administration of recruitment processes
- Prior experience working with international recruitment will be considered an asset.
- Prior experience from an international organization will be considered an asset
Excellent written and oral communication skills in English – competency in other UN language(s), especially French and / or Spanish, is an asset.