Programme Manager Global Fund
Ensures strategic leadership, programme planning and effective management and oversight of Global Fund programme, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Leads on the strategic planning, oversight and management of the programme in compliance with UNDP’s rules, policies and procedures, the grant agreement and corporate agreements with the Global Fund;
- Leads on the coordination, management, supervision and oversight of the PMU across all functional areas to achieve programme targets, provide quality services and full utilization of GF allocation and the achievement of programme targets;
- Leads on assessing the programmatic impact and substantive monitoring and evaluation of the programme and proactively leas on reviews for underperformance, bottlenecks and ensures the accountability for the timely implementation of corrective action(s);
- Develops and maintains an organizational structure to ensure UNDP is resourced to deliver its commitments, leads on the recruitment of PMU staff, fostering diversity, equity and inclusion and builds the technical, management and leadership capacity of staff for promotion of organizational excellence; and
- Ensures strong collaboration with UNDP regional and headquarters on all areas of strategic planning, management, oversight implementation and donor communication.
Ensures proactive financial, asset and health product management and oversight and controls are met and proactively performs risk assessments focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Ensures UNDP’s financial, asset and health product (including quality control, insurance) management policies, procedures, and SOPs are followed and validated by internal reviews;
- Leads on timely preparation and quality submissions of financial and programmatic donor reports and responses to management actions, compliance with grant conditions and revisions to the grant agreement(s);
- Proactively performs risk assessments, develops and implements risk management matrix/plan with the PMU staff and implementing partners and ensures adequate oversight and support is provided, with timely incident reporting;
- Ensures compliance of procedures, systems to ensure safety and security of staff, assets and health products in line with UNDP’s rules, policies and procedures;
- Supervises and ensures accountability for Sub-recipient (SR) assessments, contracting, monitoring, with SRs work plan and budgets implemented in compliance with UNDP’s SR grant agreement, and service providers while ensuring quality of the programme and achievement of programme goals; and
- Leads on programme audits and investigations under the guidance of the Resident Representative and in coordination with the Regional Bureau, Office of Audit and Investigations and GF/HIST and ensures timely follow up on audit recommendations.
Ensures creation of strategic partnerships and support the implementation of the resource mobilization:
- Coordinates, build partnerships and maintains strong working relationships with the National Malaria Programme, Ministry of Health, other implementing partners, including Malaria Zero, financial and technical partners, UN Agencies, and the PRs for the TB and HIV GF grants to ensure transparent and effective management and oversight of the programme;
- Supports the national strategic planning processes for the programme based on evidence gained during implementation of the programme;
- Maintains close co-ordination between the programme and other health initiatives in the country, including the GF TB and HIV GF grants, to promote partnership building and avoid duplication of programmatic activities and to exchange critical and technical information and resolve programme implementation issues; and
- Develops funding requests to complement UNDP’s PR role with other health and development activities and the development of project documents
Ensures provision of strategic policy advice and technical guidance focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Ensures harmonization and integration of the programme into the national strategic documents on disease programmes;
- Provides strategic policy and technical advice to the National Malaria Programme, Ministry of Health, and implementing partners and supports work on programme adjustments as necessary;
- Participates in technical committees of the CCM, as required;
- Supports implementation of interventions and policy guidance related to the removal of human rights and gender related barriers to the access to and uptake of malaria services; and
- Coordinates planned studies and programme review(s) with the national programme(s), in collaboration with the National Malaria Programme, Ministry of Health, PRs for TB and HIV GF grants, implementing partners, CSOs, UN agencies, financial and technical partners, the GF and the CCM.
Ensures guidance and capacity building and facilitation of knowledge building and sharing focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Engages with National Malaria Programme, Ministry of Health, implementing partners, CSOs, UN agencies and financial and technical partners to strengthen national systems and health institutions, across functional areas including, procurement and supply chain management, financial management and oversight, SR management, risk management, project implementation and monitoring;
- Engages with national partners and oversees the development of capacity development strategies to support national entities to implement and assume the PR role over time, ensuring access to appropriate tools and resources;
- Identifies and supports development of communications (print, video) highlighting key programme achievements, best practices, and lessons learnt and contributes to information sharing with the national Malaria Programme, Ministry of Health, implementing partners, CSOs, UN agencies, financial and technical partners, the GF and the CCM; and
- Actively participates in UNDP and other relevant external networks to promote the programme and UNDP’s health and development work (conferences, community of practice, Yammer) and represents UNDP in relevant technical meetings, working groups at country, regional and global level.
Any other duty assigned by the Resident Representative.
- Advanced degree (Master’s or higher) in Public Health, International Development, Business Administration, Social Sciences, or related field.
- Advanced degree (Master’s or higher) in Public Health is an asset.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in the management of health and development programmes.
- Experience in the management of malaria programmes is an asset.
- Strong knowledge of UN or UNDP rules, policies and procedures, is an asset.
- Strong knowledge of Global Fund’s rules, policies and procedures, is an asset.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and managing effective partnerships with government and civil society organisations.
- Demonstrated experience in building capacity of national entities in the context of health or development programmes.
- Experience in Haiti or similar challenging operating environment contexts is an asset.
- Fluency French and English both written and oral.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages, experience in handling web-based management systems.
Closing date for applications 28 September 2020 before midnight.
In your application please specify that you found out about this opportunity on GCFjobs.com
Veuillez indiquer dans votre candidature que vous avez consulté cette offre sur le site web GCFjobs.com