Administer and implement Recruitment Strategy and Plans in full compliance with Staff Rules & Regulations, UNDP HR Policies and Guidelines, to achieve the following results:
- Ensure regular interaction with HR Focal Points in RBAP Country Offices on consolidated region-wide operationalization of recruitment strategies and plans.
- In collaboration with hiring managers in Country Offices, elaborate recruitment strategies for each recruitment case.
- Ensure full compliance of HR activities with UN Rules & Regulations, UNDP policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Responsible for effective implementation of the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in support of transparent and competitive recruitment, selection and placement processes, including but not limited to the classification/validation of terms of reference for SC Holder positions, vacancy announcements, screening of candidates, organization of interview panels, finalization of candidate selection/approvals and handover of completed recruitment cases to GSSU HR Administration Team for hiring, onboarding and contract management.
- Promote equity, transparency and consistency in the interpretation, determination, implementation and administration of HR recruitment policies, procedures and guidelines applicable to locally recruited project personnel.
- Ensure delivery of a high quality, timely and accurate recruitment service to enhance client understanding and confidence in GSSU HR as a credible HR service provider.
- Ensure accurate data management in Atlas.
- Contribute to the elaboration and maintenance of SOPs on candidate roster management for local/regional job vacancies and encourage the use of rosters for fast-track recruitments.
- In close cooperation with country offices, organize periodic calls for rosters for selected levels and typologies of expertise.
Act as a coordinator of the workload of the Team to ensure that work plan deliverables are met.
- Optimal use of workforce resources within the Team.
- Ensures that team members meet their learning plan and results planning.
- Team members are motivated and empowered to perform their functions.
- Support Team members to meet the goals of the Team and GSSU RSC.
- Provide advice of the reduction of costs of operations and related costs to clients and partners. Assist Country Offices with the validation and timely recovery of charges related to recruitment services provided to projects and/or other UN Agencies.
Recommend, support and maintain knowledge management prescriptive content for recruitment, selection, and placement to achieve the following results:
- HR knowledge management distribution/ system contains accurate and comprehensive coverage of Recruitment, Selection and Placement matters.
- Identify the need for new and/or modified policies and practices and initiate or propose actions required. Actively liaise with relevant UNDP/UN entities to seek policy clarifications and/or identify agreed solutions.
- Conduct periodic training courses on local recruitments for RBAP Country Offices and the Regional Hub.
- Enable and empower the team through access to GSSU HR knowledge base and by sharing own knowledge.
- Regularly analyze the typology of job profiles required for projects at the Country Office level.
- Continuous learning and development for HR staff by pursuing own development and acquire new knowledge with HR best practices.
- Secondary Education with at least seven (7) years relevant work experience, or Bachelors’ degree in Human Resources, Business or Public Administration, with relevant work experience of at least four (4) years.
- Minimum 4-7 years of relevant HR experience is required at the national or international level, including experience specifically in recruitment.
- Experience in other areas of human resources management, such as benefits and entitlements administration, is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with interpretation and application of UN/UNDP policies, rules and regulations is highly desirable.
- Experience in the usage of computers and MS Office packages (MS Word, Excel etc.). Demonstrated knowledge of integrated HR management systems would be an asset.
- Fluency in English. Working knowledge of other UN language (French/Spanish/Arabic) desirable.
- Familiarity with HR module in Oracle-based Enterprise Resources (ERP) is desirable.