Research and Communication Intern – Istanbul
The IICPSD offers a selected group of outstanding graduate-level students the opportunity to acquire direct exposure to IICPSD’s work as a center of excellence for private sector in development and inclusive markets. It is designed to provide support to IICPSD’s applied research and policy advisory services and to complement the interns’ practical experience in various issues related to private sector engagement, skills generation, impact investing and other topics of international development. The Programme operates under the rules and regulations of the UNDP Internship Policy.
Duties and Responsibilities
The main duties that the intern will be expected to assist in:
- Implementing social media plan to accelerate recognition of the Center globally;
- Producing issues-based stories and newsletters for the website;
- Updating UNDP website content and profiles on social networks (Facebook, YouTube, Twitter) with information about project activities and events;
- Keeping an updated media and partners contact list;
- Creating a knowledge repository of communication-related aspects for the organization;
- Drafting and edit a range of materials, including blog posts, brochures, presentations developed by global team and pilot country coordinators, and supporting documents for procurement and events;
- Organizing conferences, forums or other collaborative events;
- Providing research, writing and editing support on issues related to developing inclusive markets and business impact in achieving the sustainable development goals;
- Other relevant tasks as deemed necessary by the supervisor.
Required Skills and Experience:
Applicants must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements: a) be enrolled in a second university degree programme (Master Degree); b) be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (Bachelor Degree); or c) have graduated with a university degree in in fields such a field such as business, law, development, public administration or similar and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation.
- Solid experience in managing social media content;
- Solid experience in academic writing, research and analysis;
- Computer literate in software applications;
- Experience on the role of private sector in development is an asset;
- Demonstrated keen interest in the work of the UN, and of UNDP in particular, and have a personal commitment to UNDP’s Statement of Purpose and to the ideals of the UN Charter;
- Demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs;
- Previous experience on project designing and implementation is an asset;
- Social media account management and content development skills are desirable.
- Strong spoken and written English is required;
- Knowledge of another UN language is an asset;
- Fluency in Turkish is an asset.
Application closing date: 18 August 2019