Application closing date: 20 June 2019
UNDP supports governance and development priorities in Tajikistan. UNDP support, in partnership with the Government, the United Nations system, the donor community and other development stakeholders, has contributed to institutional development efforts leading to positive impact on the lives of Tajik citizens.
Under the guidance and supervision of the Head of General Administration Unit, the Security Guard provides reliable security/ administrative services ensuring high accuracy of work. The Security Guard demonstrates a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy, tact and the ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Controls admission of authorized personnel and movements of United Nations property into and out of the premises;
- Registration, checking of visitors, determines the purpose of the visit; informs the respective colleagues of their arrival;
- Checking the vehicles;
- Accepting and checking the pouches and other correspondence, distribution;
- Patrolling the premises and territory including overnight guard duties, observation and reporting;
- Responds to emergencies affecting the safety of the premises and notifies supervisor;
- Provides first-aid when necessary;
- Answer phone calls; transfer call as needed;
- Assist with booking conference halls;
- Perform other general office duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience
Secondary Education is a mandatory; University Degree is an asset.
- Minimum three years of working experience in security position(s) in which trustworthiness and sound and quick judgement have been demonstrated
- Preferably experience with international organizations/projects/programmes
- Valid driving license of category B
- Experience with VHF/HF equipment operating
Fluency in Tajik and Russian languages. Knowledge of English is an asset