Associate Education Policy Analyst – UNESCO – Dakar, Senegal
Overview of the functions of the post
Under the overall authority of the Director of IIEP and the Coordinator of the Pôle de Dakar, and the direct supervision of the Program Manager, the incumbent contributes to the activities related to the analysis, planning, implementation, management, and monitoring of education and training policies in Africa. The research conducted and subsequent outputs will be subject to internal review and validation procedures, as determined by the Coordinator of Pôle de Dakar. More specifically, the selected candidate will be assigned the following tasks:
Assist African countries in the development, implementation and monitoring of education and training sector policies through:
- Support to education sector analysis or thematic analysis;
- Support to discussions with top officials within the framework of educational policy tradeoffs and the development of national strategy documents (education policy documents, Simulation Models, Education Sector Plans, Medium Term Expenditure Frameworks, Action Plans, etc.).
Support the Institute efforts to boost international initiatives for the Education 2030 Agenda through:
- Knowledge creation on the status of education and training in Africa;
- Design of tools for analysis, planning, implementation, management, monitoring and evaluation of education and training policies in Africa;
- Creation of training materials and implementation of outreach strategies that meet the needs of targeted audiences.
Contribute to the professional development of officials in charge of education planning, management and training in Africa through targeted and context based training interventions.
Contribute to and support the implementation of training initiatives developed by the Pôle de Dakar in collaboration with its partners.
Contribute to the creating, use and dissemination of relevant information and resource materials in the education and training sectors in Africa by:
- Participating in the drafting of substantive and high quality methodological or thematic notes in collaboration with other colleagues,
- Contributing to the update of PDK’s website and interactive spaces for documentation and exchanges around education and training policies in Africa (digital bibliography, statistics, policy documents, etc.).
Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in economics, statistics or social sciences.
- Minimum two (2) years of relevant working experience in the fields of sector analysis, planning and management of education systems, of which preferably one (1) year acquired at international level.
Skills and competencies
- Excellent knowledge of statistical and econometric techniques applicable to the education sector.
- Demonstrated knowledge of education systems in developing countries particularly in Africa and their associated challenges.
- Knowledge of adult learning principles and design of targeted training materials.
- Good knowledge of monitoring and evaluation methodologies and tools of education projects and programmes.
- Excellent IT skills, including knowledge of statistical software such SPSS, SAS, STATA and spreadsheets.
- Ability to communicate and conduct negotiations with diverse partners with tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to work individually and in teams within a multicultural environment.
- Ability to undertake regular missions, especially in challenging environments.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent knowledge of French or English and good working knowledge of the other.
- Experience in the design of education and training sector development plans and budgeted action plans.
- Previous experience in the field of African education systems.
- Skills and competencies
- Good knowledge of the problems of education in the context of developing countries particularly in Africa.
- Knowledge of Portuguese.
Closing date for applications 09 April 2020 before midnight.
In your application please specify that you found out about this opportunity on GCFjobs.com
Veuillez indiquer dans votre candidature que vous avez consulté cette offre sur le site web GCFjobs.com