Interested in this position? Chat with UNESCO about this role at our upcoming online careers event on 27 June | UN Agencies Careers Fair – Latin American and The Caribbean focus
Domain : Computer Sciences / Information Technologies – User Support
Post Number : KMI- 190
Grade : P1/P2
Organizational Unit : DIV. OF KNOWLEDGE MGMT & INFORM SYSTEMS
Primary Location : FR-Paris
Recruitment open to : Internal and external candidates
Type of contract : Fixed Term
Salary : 47 608 EUROS (Annual Salary)
Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : June 28, 2019
OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
Under the overall authority of the Chief Information Officer and direct authority of the Chief, Knowledge Sharing and Open Access Unit, the incumbent will be part of the team promoting and supporting knowledge management and online collaboration platforms, assuring the proper functioning of assigned solutions and applications, maintenance, user support and functional enhancements.
In particular, s/he will perform the following tasks:
- Administer online knowledge management and collaboration tools, and provide user support;
- Collect and analyze user needs in the area of online sharing and collaboration, advise users on the relevant current or future solutions;
- Participate in the conception, development and promotion of knowledge management solutions, including project management/coordination;
- Organize and conduct training in the use of online knowledge management and collaboration tools;
- Regularly share relevant knowledge internally and with external partners.
University degree in information technology, information management, knowledge management, or in related field, or in another UNESCO’s field of competence (education, science, culture or communication) combined with at least three years of qualifying professional experience in information technology or information management.
- Minimum three years of work experience with online sharing and collaboration tools;
- Proven experience in coordinating IT projects.
- Good knowledge of MS SharePoint (administration and user support);
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to establish priorities and to plan, coordinate and monitor own work plan;
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure and in a multitasking manner, respecting tight deadlines and delivering on the standards required;
- Ability to communicate effectively on complex technology issues;
- Ability to conduct training of users.
Excellent knowledge of English or French and good knowledge of the other language.
University degree in computer science or system design.
- Relevant Professional experience aquired at the international level;
- Work experience with MS Dynamics or similar tool.