Chief Information and Technology Officer
Under the overall authority and direct supervision of the Assistant Director-General for Administration and Management (ADG/ADM), the incumbent is responsible for ensuring that the achievement of the Organization’s objectives is optimally supported by an effective and secure information management and technology platform, optimizing the available IT investments and services for maximum business impact.
The incumbent is the principal technology specialist and advisor of the Organization and is responsible for corporate, strategic, architectural, security, governance, policy and operational matters in the field of information technology and systems.
Specifically, the incumbent will:
- Formulate and implement a comprehensive, integrated IT strategy and policy for the Organization, covering information needs, IT security, IT business continuity, infrastructure, and business systems.
- Lead operational IT planning by fostering innovation, prioritizing IT initiatives, resources and coordination of the evaluation, deployment and management of current and future IT systems across the Organization, including operations at Headquarters and Field Offices.
- Develop, advise upon, implement and oversee management of a collaborative IT governance structure.
- Provide leadership and direction to the IT teams, ensuring an enabling environment to support and facilitate innovation, a sense of ownership through clearly defined roles and responsibilities, strong accountability, client orientation and knowledge sharing. Manage and motivate the IT teams, setting objectives and standards, managing performance and ensuring an appropriate staffing model is implemented.
- Advanced university degree (Master or equivalent) in computer science, information technology or a related discipline.
- At least 15 years of progressive managerial experience in an international, multi-site organization, including in a leadership position, in the area of IT.
- Proven experience in leading and managing large and multicultural teams.
Skills and Competencies
- Commitment to UNESCO’s mandate and vision.
- Demonstrated ability to lead change at the substantive and management levels within large institutions (private and/or partnerships) with national, regional and international vision.
- Demonstrated knowledge of leadership and general management practices and techniques.
- Up-to-date knowledge of IT capabilities to optimize business performance.
- Knowledge of information technology computer systems and software and the ability to manage the entire spectrum of information technology operations.
- Ability to organize and lead teams effectively and motivate a team composed of both technical and non-technical colleagues.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving capacity.
- Sound judgment and decision-making ability.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to interact credibly with diverse partners and stakeholders, including UNESCO Member State representatives.
- Excellent English and/or French, with good knowledge of the other.
- Assignments or experience at regional and/or international level and/or within the United Nations information technology system.
Closing date for applications 03 July 2020 before midnight.
In your application please specify that you found out about this opportunity on GCFjobs.com
Veuillez indiquer dans votre candidature que vous avez consulté cette offre sur le site web GCFjobs.com