National Associate Project Officer – UNESCO
Under the overall authority of the Head of the UNESCO Amman Office, the overall guidance of the Head of the Education Unit, and the direct supervision of the Project Officer of the “Provision of TVET, On-the-Job Training, and Entrepreneurship Education to Youth Affected by the Syria Crisis in Jordan” responsible for overseeing the project, the National Associate Project Officer will be based in the UNESCO Amman Office and will be responsible for assisting in the implementation of the following project in Jordan and supporting the Project Officer with other related tasks. Specifically, the following tasks:
Project Management Support
- Under the guidance of the Project Officer, providing support in the development and implementation of a strategic and operational plan for project implementation and ensuring technical and operational quality assurance of the project deliverables.
- Working closely with the implementing partners to ensure quality and timely delivery of project activities, narrative and financial reports and achievement of performance targets.
- Developing terms of references for project contractors and contributing to ensuring quality and timely delivery of contractors’ deliverables.
- Providing professional advisory services to the Project Officer on planning and implementation of interventions for consolidation and expansion of Technical vocational education and training.
- Learning and adhering to UNESCO’s internal operating rules and procedures and effectively applying these rules and procedures to project and contract management.
- Utilising UNESCO’s internal operating systems (financial and administrative) and effectively working with Finance, Procurement and Administrative colleagues to support project and contract implementation, timeliness of deliverables and reporting.
- Working closely with the Project Officer and Project Assistant to create, track and manage contracts and payments.
Contributing to monitoring and evaluation of activities including:
- Monitoring project challenges and risks, and mapping mitigation strategies to address them in a timely manner.
- Fostering exchange of information and lessons learnt within the project team and with the implementing partner/contractors, recommending new strategies and actions to improve project implementation and adjusting project operations as necessary.
- Supporting the Project Officer in the preparation of donor and internal UNESCO progress and final reports (narrative and financial).
- Building synergies with other projects and activities of other development partners in the sector..
Visibility and Communication
- In close consultation with the Project Officer, UNESCO’s Communication Officer and the donor, developing and disseminating visibility materials (print, digital and social media and promotional items) for the project.
- In close consultation with the Project Officer and UNESCO’s Communication Officer, developing and disseminating advocacy and visibility materials (print, digital and social media and promotional items) promoting UNESCO’s work in the area of secondary vocational education, TVET and Higher Education.
Technical and Administrative Support
- Drafting minutes of meetings, briefing documents, official correspondence, concept notes, presentations and web articles in both English and Arabic.
- Taking part in UNESCO team meetings to share the latest developments related to the project and the sector.
- Translating documents from English into Arabic and vice versa, as requested.
- Supporting the Project Officer and the Head of the Education Unit in further resource mobilization efforts through the identification of potential funding opportunities and the formulation of concept notes and project proposals.
Partnership and Coordination
- Supporting in establishing good communication channels and networks with government counterparts, secondary vocational education, TVET and higher education institutions for UNESCO’s strategic interventions.
- Supporting in regular contact and dialogue between different stakeholders and partners like the Ministry of Education, Ministry of Higher Education, Ministry of Labour, Vocational Training Corporation, and Sector Skills Councils.
- Supporting in establishing good communication channels and networks within UNESCO (HQ, Regional Office, UNESCO-UNEVOC, Jordanian National Commission for UNESCO, etc.).
- Participating in relevant coordination and working groups as requested (Education Sector Working Group, JRP Education Working Group, E-TVET Donor Coordination Group, etc.) to ensure that UNESCO’s interventions are well coordinated with relevant entities and to inform the team of the latest developments in the sector.
- Undertake any other tasks assigned by the Head of Office and the Head of the Education Unit.
- A university degree (bachelor level) in education, technical vocational education and training, social sciences or international development cooperation.
Years of relevant work experience
- Minimum five years of relevant experience in the field of education, technical and vocational education (TVET), entrepreneurship and/or higher Education at the national level.
- Native Arabic speaker – oral, written, comprehension
- Fluent in English – oral, written, comprehension
Competencies and Skills
- Proven working experience in drafting technical proposals, concept notes in the field of education in Jordan for different donors.
- Professional working experience in the education sector in Jordan and/or in the field of secondary education, TVET, youth employment, entrepreneurship and/or Higher Education, including familiarity with the relevant institutions, agencies and organizations in the field of international development cooperation.
- Sound understanding of the current reform processes in the field of education, higher education and Technical Vocational Education and Training in Jordan.
- Ability to analyse the overall education sector and sub-sectors, and to contribute to programme and project development and adjustments based on evolution of conditions on the ground.
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills: ability to manage sub-contracted implementing partners, organise multiple and simultaneous tasks and deliver results within a specified timetable.
- Sound understanding of results-based management and monitoring and evaluation principles.
- Proven interpersonal, collaboration and teamwork skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently under pressure within a multicultural environment and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated proficiency in basic office software tools (MS Office suite) and use of relevant IT solutions.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- An advanced university degree (master level or equivalent) in education, technical vocational education and training, social sciences or international development cooperation
Years of relevant work experience
- Previous experience working with a UN agency or international non-governmental organisation in the field of international development cooperation.
- Direct experience in TVET, higher education and entrepreneurship. Experience in administration, procurement and contracts management.
Competencies and Skills
- Familiarity with the Syria Crisis Response in Jordan, particularly as it relates to youth.
Closing date for applications 30 March 2020 before midnight.
In your application please specify that you found out about this opportunity on GCFjobs.com
Veuillez indiquer dans votre candidature que vous avez consulté cette offre sur le site web GCFjobs.com