Risk and Compliance Officer – UNESCO – Paris
Overview of the function of the post
The Risk, Compliance and Policy Coordination Unit (ADM/EO/RCP) within the Section for Administration and Management will contribute to the strengthening of the UNESCO Enterprise Risk Management (ERM), supported by an increased integration with the internal control framework and the strategic planning processes in the Organization. Through improved coordination, the objective of the unit will be to strengthen a risk culture across UNESCO through a more risk-informed management of programmes, projects and operations. Under the overall authority of the Assistant Director-General for Administration and Management, the guidance of the Executive Officer and the direct supervision of the Chief of Unit, the incumbent will be responsible for the following activities:
- Support the UNESCO entities (sectors, bureaus, field offices and institutes) in the implementation of the Organization’s Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Framework).
- Disseminate policies and guidance and promote good practices on risk management to reinforce a coherent approach throughout the Organization, through benchmarking within UNESCO, across UN agencies and any other relevant organizations.
- Support to the Chief of Unit in the review of the adequacy of risk management systems, structures, procedures and capacities across the Organization, and the subsequent development and delivery of measures for their strengthening.
- Contribute to strengthen the Internal Control Framework through inputs to the review of the UNESCO Accountability Framework.
- Design the methodology and provide support for the Director’s General Statement of internal Control (SIC), taking into account relevant UN best practices and ensuring relevant inputs from UNESCO entities.
- Establish control and monitoring activities to address gaps not covered by relevant central services, to support the second line of defense functions.
- Contribute to the work of the Contracts Committee Secretariat to support the compliance for high-value contracts.
- Coordinate the follow-up on the oversight entities’ recommendations (IOS audit and evaluation, External Auditor, OAC and JIU) and take appropriate actions with the relevant focal points in UNESCO entities to address any issues arising from the monitoring of recommendations.
- Contribute to the development and disseminate appropriate policies, procedures and processes under the purview of the unit by incorporating impacts from the evolving environment, structural changes, the accountability framework and harmonization of UN business practices.
Training and capacity building
- Develop relevant trainings, workshops and other capacity building initiatives to build knowledge and skills in risk management and reinforce compliance.
- Advanced University degree (Master’s or equivalent) in audit, finance, business or public administration or related field.
- Minimum 4 years of progressively responsible work experience in risk management, compliance, policy development, training and capacity building or related field, of which 2 years acquired at the international level.
- Ability to define work goals and attain them;
- Strong analytical skills with capacity to innovate/create;
- Excellent drafting and oral communication skills;
- Strong inter-personal skills to work within a team in a multi-cultural environment;
- Ability to adapt own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements;
- Client oriented with ability to identify client needs and suggest appropriate solutions;
- Excellent training and IT skills.
- Excellent knowledge of English or French, including drafting skills, and good working knowledge of the other language.
- Experience with Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) frameworks and compliance monitoring.
- Relevant experience in the UN system.
- Knowledge of an another official language of UNESCO (Arabic, Chinese, Spanish, Russian).
Closing date for applications 20 April 2020 before midnight.
In your application please specify that you found out about this opportunity on GCFjobs.com
Veuillez indiquer dans votre candidature que vous avez consulté cette offre sur le site web GCFjobs.com