(Only candidates who are entitled to work in France may apply to this position). Domain : Finances – Accounting
Post Number : BFM 960
Grade : G-6
Organizational Unit : BUREAU OF FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
Primary Location : FR-Paris
Recruitment open to : Internal and external candidates
Type of contract : Fixed Term
Salary : 43 271 Euros (Annual Salary)
Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : October 21, 2018
Overview of the Functions of the Post
Under the overall authority of CFO and the direct supervision of the Head of the Accounts Payable Unit, the incumbent of the post will be responsible for the provision of operational support in the field of accounts payable and preparation of management/financial reports.
The incumbent will, in particular:
- Perform analysis and monthly reconciliation of travel suspense accounts, VAT accounts and goods received not invoiced accounts.
- Produce monthly reports on unliquidated obligations with regard to purchase orders, funds reservation, travel and goods received not invoiced.
- Review invoices and prepare monthly VAT declaration file to send to French Authorities.
- Provide guidance and interpretation on financial rules, regulations and procedures and reply to queries raised by colleagues in HQ and Field Offices.
- Provide operational support on accounts payable matters (UNESCO Coupons programme redemption, correction of accounting entries, HQ re-invoicing).
- Participate in the year-end closing of accounts and assist in the calculation of accruals for the annual Financial Statements.
Completed secondary, technical or vocational school.
A minimum of 8 years of relevant professional experience, of which at least 3 years in a finance, accounting or administrative section.
- Excellent knowledge of SAP and Excel.
- Good analytical skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to work with people from different cultural background.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Service oriented.
- Problem-solving, organizational and interpersonal skills.
Excellent knowledge of English or French and good knowledge of the other language.
Specialized training, courses or certificate in one or more of the following disciplines: finance, business administration or other related areas.
Relevant experience in an international organization/institution.
Knowledge of Winshuttle or similar data management solution.
Knowledge of another official language of UNESCO (Arabic, Chinese, Spanish and/or Russian)