Senior Project Officer (Education) – UNESCO
- Provide policy advice, technical expertise and capacity building support to the Department of Higher Education, Teacher Education Division (DHE/TED), and Education Colleges (EC) in support of MOE’s reform of the pre-service teacher education system in Myanmar.
- Identify relevant and timely topics to plan and prepare analytical reports to inform policy-making; evaluate and design capacity building strategies and plans; and ensure an integrated approach to the planning, implementation, monitoring, reporting and assessment of the activities to achieve the expected outcomes of the STEM project.
- Provide technical advice to the Ministry of Education with a strong focus on inclusion and equity for i) the implementation of the Teacher Competency Standards Framework (TCSF); ii) the development of the new 4-year Teacher Education Curriculum for the upgrading of the Education Colleges from a 2-year diploma to a 4-year degree institutions; and iii) the development of a comprehensive teacher policy in support of the pre-service teacher education reform in Myanmar.
- Liaise and coordinate with the Ministry of Education, National Education Policy Commission (NEPC), National Curriculum Committee (NCC), Teacher Task Force, UN agencies, education development partners, academic institutions, National Commission for UNESCO, and CSOs to foster policy dialogue and knowledge sharing to ensure a high level of responsiveness in UNESCO’s technical assistance and the alignment of activities with other ongoing initiatives and national priorities.
- Provide overall managerial and administrative support as well as technical and policy guidance to a team of national and international staff as well as consultants to ensure timely and effective implementation of all planned activities that have also effectively mainstreamed equity and inclusion.
- Support the Head of Office in representing UNESCO and strategically positioning the Organization’s priorities in the field of education and in inter-sectoral initiatives in the UN programme management committee, including the development, implementation and monitoring of the UNDAF as well as vis-à-vis development partners especially potential donors.
- Advanced university degree (equivalent to Masters) in education, economics or in relevant fields.
- Minimum of 7 years of progressively responsible relevant experience in education development, of which at least 3 years acquired at the international level, including experience in teacher education reforms.
Skills and competencies
- Strong knowledge and technical expertise in teacher education and policy reform.
- Excellent analytical and research skills.
- Excellent project management skills and ability to coordinate complex projects.
- Excellent negotiation and partnership building skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment and lead a culturally diverse team.
- Strong IT skills.
- Excellent knowledge of English.
- PhD or Master’s degree with specialization in teacher education or international educational development.
- Relevant experience working with education systems in post-conflict and post-disaster countries;
- Experience in working with UN partners, including UNESCO’s National Commissions, Ministries of Education, UN agencies, inter-governmental organizations, development banks, teacher education and higher education institutions, and civil society organisations on similar teacher education reform projects.
Skills and competencies
- Knowledge of UNESCO’s education conventions and global priorities and UN administrative procedures.
- Knowledge of another official UNESCO’s language (Arabic, Chinease, French, Russian, Spanish).
Closing date for applications 20 April 2020 before midnight.
In your application please specify that you found out about this opportunity on GCFjobs.com
Veuillez indiquer dans votre candidature que vous avez consulté cette offre sur le site web GCFjobs.com