Admin/Finance Associate – UNFPA – Chisinau, Moldova
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
Ensure efficient project administrative management
- Pro-actively contribute to day-to-day project implementation and ensure conformity to expected results and project work-plans;
- Provide support to national and international consultants in the implementation of their tasks for the achievement of project results (communication, contracts, agenda, visas, hotel reservations, etc.);
- Maintain records on all project personnel/national consultants and their respective status (contracts, ToRs, time and attendance – if appropriate, etc.) in accordance with accepted policies and procedures;
- Prepare and issue contracts;
- Make pertinent logistical arrangements for the prompt and effective implementation of the programme activities;
- Draft minutes of project related meetings when required;
- Assume overall responsibility for administrative matters of a more general nature, such as registry and maintenance of project files and records;
- Arrange external and internal meetings (including Project co-funders meetings, Technical level, as well as other relevant meetings etc.).
Ensure efficient project financial management
- Prepare requests for advance of funds and/or direct payments;
- Monitor budget expenditures and maintain a proper record of approved project budgets and their revisions;
- Prepare proposals for budget revisions;
- Prepare and submit expenditure and programme budget status reports;
- Respond to queries from the beneficiary, Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation, UN Office for South-South Cooperation and UNFPA with respect to financial aspects of the programme, liaise with UNFPA-appointed and external auditors wherever required;
- Prepare recurring reports as scheduled and special reports as required for budget preparations and audit;
- Advise and assist international advisors and national consultants on all aspects of allowances, travel claims and other financial matters and calculate payments due for claims and services;
- Assist the auditing performed by the project managers over the funds allocated to project. Ensure the compliance of allocated funds with the UNFPA norms and regulations;
- If necessary, travel for control and auditing purposes to the project;
- Undertake other financial and administrative tasks on an ad hoc basis.
Ensure effective project procurement
- In accordance with the Work Plan arrange for procurement of equipment, supplies and services;
- Process in ATLAS the transactions in line with the Internal Control Framework;
- Arrange for equipment maintenance and insurance as required;
- Ensure that contractual processes follow the stipulated UNFPA procedures;
- Maintain an equipment and spare inventory including verification and transfer when required.
- Carry out any other duties as may be required by UNFPA leadership, which contributes to the project efficient implementation.
Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree in economics, finance, accounting, public administration, and/or other related areas.
Knowledge and Experience
- At least 7 (seven) years of experience in administrative work, accounting/finance, economics, or other substantive area is required.
- Proficiency in current office software applications and corporate IT systems.
- Prior experience in development assistance or related work for a donor organization, governmental institutions and/or NGOs, is a very strong advantage.
- Knowledge of ATLAS / PeopleSoft or other ERP system is an asset.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Fluency in Romanian and English is required.
- Working knowledge of one or more additional languages relevant for Moldova, including Russian, Bulgarian, Gagauzian, Romani, Ukrainian or sign language would be an asset.
Closing date for applications 23 January 2020 before midnight.
In your application please specify that you found out about this opportunity on GCFjobs.com
Veuillez indiquer dans votre candidature que vous avez consulté cette offre sur le site web GCFjobs.com