Assistant Representative – UNFPA
- Conducting substantive policy dialogue with Government counterparts and UN and other development partners to facilitate the incorporation of UNFPA’s programme priorities and ICPD agenda into national plans and strategies, UN system’s initiatives and development frameworks (CCA, UNSF, PRSPs, SWAPs, SDGs).
- Translating global strategies into country-specific advocacy strategies, creating and delivering effective evidence-based advocacy messages to promote UNFPA’s programme goals taking into account political and social sensitivities.
- Promoting a results-based approach and integrating innovative policies and strategies into the design and formulation of country programmes, sub-programmes and projects based on strategic priorities and responsive to the country’s needs in the areas of reproductive health, population and development, youth, and gender.
- Facilitating the achievement of programme results by identifying, providing and coordinating substantive and technical inputs into programme development and implementation, ensuring substantive monitoring and oversight and coordinating and evaluating the inputs of consultants and technical experts.
- Promoting knowledge sharing and continuous learning, testing, linking and documenting innovative strategies, approaches, lessons learned and best practices inside and outside UNFPA and replicating these strategies and approaches. Ensuring that programme and operations staff integrate new substantive policies, methodologies and tools (RBM, gender concepts, etc.).
- Mobilizing resources for support to the country programme recommending a strategic approach and encouraging Country Office action. Assisting the Government and other executing agencies in the coordination of assistance for population programmes.
- Representing UNFPA within the UN Area Coordination Team, promoting effective coordination on development and humanitarian issues with integration of population and development, sexual and reproductive health, youth, and gender-based violence issues in strategic frameworks;
- Contributing to the implementation of the CO security strategy and plan in line with UN procedures and requirements;
- Managing the office staff, communicating standards of performance, and assigning responsibilities for achieving results according to the Performance Appraisal and Development (PAD) system;
- Monitoring and analyzing, on a continuous basis, substantive, administrative and financial aspects of the programmes/work plans and proactively facilitating monitoring, evaluation and audit exercises;
- Carrying out any other duties as may be required by the Representative.
Qualifications and Experience
- Advanced degree in Public Health, Medicine, Sociology, Demography, Gender, International Relations, International Development, Economics, Public Administration, Management or other related field.
Knowledge and Experience
- 7 years of progressively responsible professional experience in the field of development and population activities, including programme designing, appraising and management.
- Demonstrated ability to refine programme design to ensure alignment of organizational programme objectives to national priorities/capacities.
- Proven ability to lead and manage teams to achieve demonstrable results.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to foster engaged partnerships at a high level of representation and to maintain political partnerships.
- Fluency in English.
- Knowledge of written and spoken Somali language is essential.
Closing date for applications 31 May 2020 before midnight.
In your application please specify that you found out about this opportunity on GCFjobs.com
Veuillez indiquer dans votre candidature que vous avez consulté cette offre sur le site web GCFjobs.com