Field Monitoring Associate
Under the supervision of the Senior Field Coordinator in the East and Programme Manager, the Field Monitoring Associate implements daily activities and tasks related to the work and implementation of the UNFPA GBV programme, including its humanitarian component and UN Joint Programme of UNDP, UNFPA, UN Women and FAO “EU Support to the East of Ukraine – Recovery, Peacebuilding and Governance”, all envisioned events and activities in Donetsk and Luhansk regions (GCA) ensuring delivery of all planned results.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide support to implementation of programme activities in the region as required by the Senior Field Coordinator and Programme Manager;
- Support implementation of UN Joint Programme of UNDP, UNFPA, UN Women and FAO “EU Support to the East of Ukraine – Recovery, Peacebuilding and Governance”, ensuring smooth implementation of youth and GBV programme activities on the ground according to the approved work plan; liaise and interact with all relevant programme partners at the regional level on all matters related to the programme implementation and contributes to the coordination of youth and GBV prevention and response related activities in the assigned region within the programme and beyond it;
- Contribute to programme monitoring, evaluation, reporting and knowledge management and ensure programme visibility;
- Analyse programme implementation and provide regular updates to the Senior Filed Coordinator and Programme Manager highlighting programme implementation progress, bottlenecks and possible solutions;
- Liaise and interact with all implementing partners at the regional level on all matters related to the programme implementation for the timely, successful and efficient implementation of all activities under the programme(s);
- Contribute to establishing and/or strengthening partnerships with respective regional government authorities, humanitarian actors, UN agencies to ensure that GBV response is integrated into overall humanitarian response actions in Donetsk and Luhansk regions (GCA);
- Ensure adequate communication, flow of information and technical expertise between the relevant local and international partners, including UNET and GBV Sub-cluster partners in the field;
- On behalf of UNFPA and GBV Sub-cluster liaise and interact with humanitarian partners in Luhansk region, work in close cooperation with the Protection, Health and other cluster partners to ensure that GBV response is integrated into overall humanitarian response actions;
- Contribute to the agenda and work of UNET as well as humanitarian coordination meetings, ensure that GBV response issues are adequately reflected and addressed;
- In consultation with Senior Field Coordinator and Programme Manager, prepare, update, implement and monitor the calendar activity plan for the programme based on the approved annual work plan(s);
- Report on all matters of programme implementation and provide weekly updates for programme implementation highlighting progress, bottlenecks and solutions;
- Conduct weekly skype meetings with Senior Field Coordinator and country office;
- Ensure visibility of the programme implementation through public relations, advocacy, working with the mass media and other communications activities;
- Contribute to drafting of progress reports required by UNFPA and donors, provide regular updates/briefs as required by UNFPA;
- Contribute to creation and sharing of knowledge by synthesizing and documenting findings and lessons learned, success stories and best practices, strategies and approaches of the country office, and drafting relevant materials for dissemination;
- Perform any other duties as may be required by UNFPA country office management.
- Required Skills and Experience
Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Public Administration, Human Rights, Social Sciences, including Gender Studies, Political Science, International Relations, or other studies relevant for UNFPA’s mandate.
Knowledge and Experience:
Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience in project management, services capacity building, advocacy or related field preferably at an international organisation; Familiarity with UN procedures and working methods, particularly with UNFPA agenda, policies and procedures will be a benefit; Knowledge about the UN and humanitarian coordination structures will be an advantage; Working experience in projects funded by international donors is desirable; Strong proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point) and Google products (Drive, Calendar, Docs, Sheets), email applications;
Fluency in Ukrainian, Russian and English languages. Understanding of main processes and methods of work regarding the position.
Closing date for applications: 25 September 2019 (Midnight New York, USA)
In your application please specify that you found out about this opportunity on GCFjobs.com Veuillez indiquer dans votre candidature que vous avez consulté cette offre sur le site web GCFjobs.com