Programme Analyst – UNFPA – Lusaka, Zambia
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
The Programme Analyst (based in Kabwe, Central Province) substantively contributes to the management of the Zambia Integrated Family Planning and Adolescent Sexual & Reproductive Health (FP-ASRH) Programme , providing technical support in the area of FP and ASRH. She/he, proactively provides the Programme Coordinator information on the political, social and economic context relevant to achievement of results of the Zambia Integrated Family Planning and Adolescent Sexual & Reproductive Health Programme. The Programme Analyst facilitates and coordinates implementation of the assigned program area with technical advisors and experts recruited in the framework of the program. S/he establishes and maintains partnership, synergy and strategic alliances with counterparts in government, multi-lateral and bi-lateral agencies and civil society to address emerging issues and to facilitate program delivery.
- Analyze and interpret the political, social and economic context relevant to the FP-ASRH Programme, and identify opportunities to strengthen Zambia Integrated Family Planning assistance and intervention;
- Actively collaborate in the development of new policies, strategies and approaches in the FP-ASRH Programme, technical areas, as well as in the Health System Development and Program Management areas: a) providing inputs for its dialogue; b) providing high quality technical support in the analysis and elaboration of strategic documents and national plans; c) ensuring her (his) active participation in the establishment of mechanisms for better coordination and/or in building structures, systems and process to support the national development processes (NDP, UNSDCF); d) ensuring high level quality technical inputs on SRH&R issues to Ensure high quality technical support to Zambia Integrated Family Planning and Adolescent Sexual & Reproductive Health Programme
- Ensure the inclusion of lessons learnt and new policies and best practices in the development of the Zambia Integrated Family Planning assistance to Zambia, as well as to establish appropriate mechanisms and systems for its implementation, monitoring and evaluation;
- Provide substantive leadership and inputs into the design and formulation of programme documents translating strategic priorities into local interventions, and responding to Government plans and priorities, promoting a results based approach and introducing into the formulation process, the results of program and common country reviews and evaluations, best practices, as well as innovative strategies, approaches and policies, with a particular focus to FP and ASRH areas; Support and supervise administrative and operational functions in the office related to the Zambia Integrated Family Planning and Adolescent Sexual & Reproductive Health Programme.
Ensure the revision, provide feedback and approve annual and quarterly plans and reports including budgets in relation to the Support and supervise administrative and operational functions in the office related to the Zambia Integrated Family Planning and Adolescent Sexual & Reproductive Health Programme. Participate actively in programmatic discussions on SRH&R and other issues related to Support and supervise administrative and operational functions in the office related to the Zambia Integrated Family Planning and Adolescent Sexual & Reproductive Health Programme
- Participate and contribute actively to in-house processes such as programmatic and financial management, development of the annual workplans, preparations of seminars, retreats and workplace programs etc;
- Assist the Zambia Integrated Family Planning in all issues and information in relation to the FP-ASRH programme, as well as to support the UNFPA country office to define an operational strategy to integrate the different Program Components;
- Contributes to the resource mobilization strategy by analyzing information on potential donors, preparing substantive briefs and project proposals in line with donor priorities, creating feedback mechanisms and providing information on progress of donor funded projects.;
- S/he: a) should continuously contribute to on-the-job-related guidance in a timely, constructive and appropriate manner; b) support actions that ensure all necessary information, rules, policies, guidelines, equipment and other tools required will be provided; c) support other staff members, in the assigned area, to follow Zambia Integrated Family Planning guidelines, policies and procedures; d) support staff members and external TAs to use their skills and abilities fully and to contribute to the work of the office to the best of their abilities; e) promote harmonious teamwork and collaboration among the team members; f) support efforts to leverage the different experiences and expertise of members to achieve better and more innovative outcomes.
Qualifications and Experience
- Possess a minimum of a Post-graduate University Degree in public health, medicine, global health development, or other related field.
- Possess a minimum of 2 years of progressively responsible professional experience, including at least 2 years of experience in FP and ASRH and health system strengthening related programmes.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Proficiency in current office software applications.
- Proficiency in Atlas, PeopleSoft, and other computerized applications used by the UN.
Closing date for applications 21 March 2020 before midnight.
In your application please specify that you found out about this opportunity on GCFjobs.com
Veuillez indiquer dans votre candidature que vous avez consulté cette offre sur le site web GCFjobs.com